Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please reply if you wear Toplace--everyone
09-03-2013, 07:31 AM,
please reply if you wear Toplace--everyone
I'd like to get many many replies, so please everyone reply if you wear from Toplace (not other companies).

First the background to my questions: I am a long-time, satisfied Toplace wearer. For years I have been wearing a full cap. For years before that I wore toppers. When I wore toppers, I wore a color #3 ash (medium-dark brown) to match my sides. Even though I wear a full cap now, I continue to buy color #3 ash because it is what people are used to seeing me with. What I notice about color #3 ash is that the knots are very invisible. I love it! The downside to my color is that the brassy tones are very challenging to get rid of. Back2Natural is not effective in getting rid of the orange-brassy tones. I have wondered if the factory handles my particular color by using blonde hair and then dying it darker. That could explain the invisible knots and the orange tones from all the dying. I am considering switching to a new color, but I don't want to trade one problem for a bigger problem.

My suspicion is that the people who have the fewest hair color challenges (and are most satisfied with products like Back2Natural) are people who order color #1b. But I want to confirm this.

Now my questions:
1.What hair color do you order from Toplace?
2. How invisible are the knots?
3. What is your method of dealing with the brassy/orange/red hair tones?
4. How effective is your method of dealing with the brassy/orange/red hair?
09-03-2013, 11:11 AM,
RE: please reply if you wear Toplace--everyone
4ASH and love it. Can't see the knots. I never get any brassy/orange/red tones. My only issue is the color can fade fast but still no brassy/orange/red tones. Knock on wood....

I didn't know they even made a 3ash I thought there was only #4ASH and #7ASH
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM,
Thanks Lee for your response. Would you say #4ash is a medium brown? Have you been ordering this color for a long time?

Anybody else? I was hoping to get lots of responses to my thread. Only 1 so far.
09-06-2013, 03:53 PM,
I'm no expert but I would consider it a medium brown. I've been using that color with a mix of 7ash for 20+ years. I got a #4 before and it had a lot of red in it!
09-06-2013, 08:27 PM,
I don't wear a Toplace system, so I didn't feel eligible to reply.
But regarding brassy tones, I recently tried a product called Aufero because my hair can fade to a bright yellow in the sun.
Its a colour conditioner that restores original colour, as well as removing brassy red & yellow tones and was only available to buy through salons as its for professional use on replacement hair.

I was so pleased with the results, I contacted the company and became a distributor so that individuals could then purchase it.

Unlike Back2Natural, you don't have to use it regularly to maintain your colour.
The Aufero is more of a treatment that you use as-and-when you need to.
It works on natural and replacement hair that has faded.
Below, my natural hair went yellow in the sun, but my replacement hair remained ash.
It comes in 5 shades and I applied Dark Ash Blonde by combing it through my natural hair and that one application has lasted 2 months.
Right now, my system hair has started to fade but my natural side hair has remained ash, so its time to do an application on top to keep it all the same.

Before discovering this product, I was dying my hair every 5 minutes and the results were variable because the replacement hair absorbed the dye faster than my natural hair and the act of dying it just made it fade more quickly.
I found its much easier, more consistent and better for the hair to use the Aufero

Attached Files Image(s)

09-14-2013, 02:21 PM,
Hersute, can you compare your product to Back2Natural (which doesn't work for me). Are you still offering samples? I need a medium ash brown. Thanks so much for replying. I can email you offline if you have an address to give.

On another note, I am disappointed with the overall lack of response to my questions. I would think there is more than 1 Toplace wearer on this forum besides me.
09-14-2013, 02:54 PM,
I've never used B2N. All I know is from what others have said.
Some one who has tried them both wrote a comparison that you can read here:
http://www.facebook.com/Aufero

I'm sorry, but all the samples are gone now.