Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience
09-12-2013, 08:37 AM,
My experience
Now I have used the system for about 2 weeks and still haven't got it to work properly. Do not know if it's me or if it's the system.

Many questions below have probably been answered and I know that I have shown these pictures of hairstyles before but will still do a summary of everything.

Gluing the lace is difficult, especially in the front and when you want to have the front visible. The glue in the front comes off almost immediately, the day after or the day after that.

I do not get the hairstyle I want any good either. When I placed the order, I had unfortunately filled in the template with a bad pen, so it was unclear whether it was a right or left piece. The vortex on the rear sits however on the wrong side of what my thought was. But it might happen to be a misunderstanding.

Then I chosed freestyle and maybe it was the wrong choice to get the hairstyle I want?
However, it looks like there is a vortex at the front of the lace. Whether I blow-dry or comb the hair the vortex is still there. If I try to hide the hairline with a hairstyle with the hairs comb forwards it will look odd on the sides because I have no "part" at all so it becomes " mushy ".

And the glue give me a very shiny scalp?

Is it possible to combine the comb back with right break ? Or what would you recommend for the hairstyles I want, images are below.

Anyone have tips on how to do to get the system less volume? I ordered a TL100 Light density , the problem is not that there is too much hair, the problem is that it gets so much volume...

Even if I ordered the system with blonde hair I got many black hair in it, In the back its ok, I have it naturally as well but not in the front.

BUT , overall , I am very satisfied and I will give it time to teach me how / what suits me best. Even if you read around a lot on the forums etc on how to operate and proceed with all it's a completely different thing once you have the system on your head.

However, I want to find someone really good, for example, a hairdresser who has extensive experience in making templates/ bond and cut in´s and who can help me " IRL " . Want help making a new template and to cut in the second system I bought. Its easier to ask questions aswell this way.

Anyone who can recommend someone in the European region?

Will try to use tape and see how it is, any tape to recommend for thin skin? Want a non shiny, with good strength and to work with thin skin.

Can you have visible hairline when using tape?

How often should I use the leave-in conditioner? Every day after the shower?

And here are some pictures of my hairline.

You can see the swirl in the pictures.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-13-2013, 10:33 PM,
RE: My experience
Anyone?
09-14-2013, 03:26 AM,
dampen hair @ blow dry it on cold or warm while holding/brushing that area of wayward hair....its not rocket science lol
09-14-2013, 11:24 AM,
Watch some of this guy's videos
http://youtu.be/vUkFGbE5F38

or this one:
http://youtu.be/rzgt8M1UA1Q
09-16-2013, 05:48 PM,
I have tried to blow dry it but it doesnt marther, it still there... Sad
09-17-2013, 09:08 AM,
Well, it seems no matter what anybody recommends or suggests, when you try it, it doesn't work.
The issues you're having have been mentioned by other people and the recommendations you're being given have worked for other people.
Either you have a uniquely difficult system or the problem is that you're unable to properly implement the recommendations.

So I think its time for you to stop trying to achieve a result yourself and put yourself in the hands of a salon.

I think there are some people who just can't cope with it and it sounds very much like you're one of them.
So if you want to get the results you want, you're going to have to find someone to help you.

Also, if you're getting your hair wet every day when you shower, this will be why the front keeps lifting off your scalp.
Plus, its vital not to get the scalp wet for 24 hours after you've attached.

Re getting the hair to go in the direction you want at the front:
This is how I do it using a comb on damp hair & a hairdryer.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-18-2013, 05:00 AM,
Damn Hersute, you hair line is f-ing awesome!!!
09-18-2013, 07:00 AM,
Hey thanks!

I can only take partial credit myself.
The key things that I find work are:
Single strand single knots on a Swiss or ultra fine Swiss lace base.
The colour (and therefore lack of dark knots)
Or an Ultra Thin Skin 0.03mm base with V looping.
A graduated density at the hairline.

I wear both types of bases and for me, they do a lot of the work to make it look ok.

The bit I can take credit for is perfecting my glue attachment techniques and to be honest, I've had many years to learn how to get it right!
09-18-2013, 11:01 AM,
This is a more extreme solution. I have curly hair and used to straighten it so I didn't have a white man afro. The hair buckles in the direction needed after straightened. These are harsh chemicals and may shorten the life of the piece, but if you are about to give up and need a last chance solution give it a shot. Use a hair straightener as directed (unattached to head) and comb or place the hair in the direction you want it to be afterword (so comb it more forward probably so it doesn't swirl) then rinse and shampoo as directed. After the hair is relaxed it will stay the way you placed it. This might be a way to get rid of a weird swirl if nothing else works. You can buy hair relaxer/straightener at walmart. It's in the black lady hair section in a purple or red box. Called Dark and Lovely. Oh and avoid the knots for sure. It could relaxen those too. And don't leave the product on too long. I've only read a few posts of people trying this... so try at your own risk. I'm really only suggesting as a last option solution.
09-18-2013, 02:26 PM,
Hersute, What's the density of your pieces?