Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Fine Swiss Lace
03-16-2010, 02:00 PM,
Super Fine Swiss Lace
I would appreciate some feedback on the pros and cons of using the Super Fine Swiss Lace v. the French Lace. I have been using the French lace and I'm thinking about switching to the Super Fine. Could people comment on whether the Super Fine retains its shape, is sufficiently durable, is less detectable to the touch, gives a little bit less of a yellow look to the scalp, bunches up less than the French Lace? Any other input would be appreciated as well. I'm not as concerned about it being detectable at the front because I wear behind a hair transplant hairline. Thanks, guys.
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM,
Re: Super Fine Swiss Lace
Swiss is light and comfortable, but no matter how careful you are it will eventually fray or even tear.

French lace is thicker and (for me) less comfortable, but it practically lasts forever.
03-21-2010, 01:58 AM,
Thanks for the response. I usually wear a piece for about three months right now. Do you think the swiss would last that long. I'm really looking for something that's not as detectable to the touch, especially around the edge of the unit.

Thanks for any more input.
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM,
Swiss can definitely last at least 3 months, if you are careful. You will likely get some fraying no matter how gentle you are, but I have full caps with swiss hairlines that I have been wearing for over 6 months.
03-25-2010, 06:47 AM,
Mike, the founder of TopLace, loves his SFS full cap. He gets a good 4 months from it so you'll have not problem.
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM,
I'd like to know what people are doing to get the base of a All swiss last more than just 2 months. I know mine, even with great care, seems to start fraying around the 1.5 month period. And, on top of that the base gets weaker from the stretching.
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM,
Hi Folliman,
The answer to your question is in your post. You're stretching the SFS. There is no need to stretch it. That stress is causing the SFS to weaken and fray. If you're stretching the base because it doesn't cover your bald area you should consider make a new template that is larger and you'll get longer life from the SFS.
Regards,
John
03-26-2010, 02:54 PM,
ToplaceUSA Wrote:Hi Folliman,
The answer to your question is in your post. You're stretching the SFS. There is no need to stretch it. That stress is causing the SFS to weaken and fray. If you're stretching the base because it doesn't cover your bald area you should consider make a new template that is larger and you'll get longer life from the SFS.
Regards,
John

That is why you should never order a full cap with swiss lace over the ears or in the sideburn area. I have units that were used for over 7 months that would be perfect if it weren't for the fact that stress from attachments frayed the swiss lace in this area to the point where they were unuseable.