Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Thin Skin Base - How to Cut and some more questions
08-21-2013, 12:30 AM,
Got Thin Skin Base - How to Cut and some more questions
Hello

I got a new stock thin skin 0.3 today.
this is the second skin i get after i had some problems with my last order or maybe the problem was with my hairdresser.

the problem i had with my first skin was that after the hairdresser prepared the system and put it on my head you actually can see the hair line of the system and it wasn't disappear on my head as you can see in the photos - i think the problem was that the base was white and not transparent - you can see the photos :

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]

Now...maybe the cut in he used or the glue he used or i don't know...

but now i don't want to make the same mistake.
here are the photos of the new system i got and as you can see there's some extra "skin" in the front - do i need to cut it? and if yes in what way? and why the skin is white ? do i need to use some different glue or stickers?

[Image: image-1.jpeg]
[Image: image-2.jpeg]
[Image: image-3.jpeg]
[Image: image-4.jpeg]
08-21-2013, 03:25 AM,
RE: Got Thin Skin Base - How to Cut and some more questions
The bases are always that colour. They turn transparent when they are glued down.
What attachment method are you using?
If you use a white glue, the scalp can't get moist for around 24 hours, otherwise the glue itself can turn white.

Don't cut the front skin all the way back to the hairs. Leave a millimetre or two in front of the hairs.
08-21-2013, 03:30 AM,
So what is the best choice to attach the system?
I need some week or 2.
I like to use tape because it easier to clean but I know that with the tape it hard to get it exactly until the hairline so glue is better for perfect hairline.
But I can also use glue if I knew which one to buy.
Also do I need to put the glue on the system or on my head?
08-21-2013, 03:52 AM,
Hersute,

Even in those pictures where the whiteness isn't as apparent (like in the last 2 pics on the first row), the 'line' at the hairline stands out.
Do you feel it is because James has had his hair combed back? Or is it because of the lighting conditions?

In your opinion, what do you think could have been done to make this look better?

Thanks!
ohair
08-21-2013, 04:58 AM,
ohair,

What I think has happened is that the front bare skin has been cut back too far and into the hairline itself.
This has dissected one half of the V loops and left short stubby hairs that are accentuating the front of the hairline.

I think the actual edge is visible because its not been glued down properly.
Its also very dense at the front.
The image below shows what a less dense and graduated hairline should look like with an ultra thin skin & dark hair.

James,
3 recommended white glues are ORWG (oil resistant white glue) available on Amazon & eBay, NX Gen from Hair Direct and Ghostbond Xl.
Most of these involve applying layers to the scalp, but you can also apply a layer to the perimeter of the base to make sure its fully attached everywhere.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-21-2013, 05:31 AM,
Thanks
Isn't it better to use transparent glue? And not white ones?
I think that if you use little bit more than you need of the white glue you will have some white traces .
08-21-2013, 06:34 AM,
Yes, You can use one of the transparent Davlyn glues.
I tried them but they were too shiny underneath the skin.
08-21-2013, 10:22 AM,
For what it`s worth and I`m not too familiar with thin skin systems at all as I wear lace, but just looking at the row with the 4 pics..the last 2 in particular -- seems like the hair is brushed/swept upwards...this is leading to ` visibility` as it`s pulling all the hairs at the very edge of the skin up literally at 90 degrees...that`s why the ` line` is apparent.... maybe just messing about with a different / casual style would soften the look there..... even on lace, swept-back styles or styles with the hair swept upwards at the very front , can be hard to get away with ...not always, but more likely to lead to ` visibility`......hope the new system will be more satisfying for you.
08-22-2013, 12:07 AM,
I don't see the photos and i was interested to see the issue since i've received my thin skin today, i feel a bit worried and scared, hope i will like it.
08-22-2013, 12:08 AM,
I will update the links later