Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first photo in a long time-full cap nape
08-14-2013, 03:02 AM,
first photo in a long time-full cap nape
I haven't posted in a long time, but I still glance through the forums every few weeks. I occasionally read on the forums that you can't do certain things with a full cap (can't go past the occipital bone, can't go short in the nape). I hope this photo challenges that thinking. In my last few years of wearing a topper (even with concealer in the nape and sides areas), I was not able to get a blend that satisfied me---as my nape density had decreased too much. Thankfully, I don't have that issue anymore.

I attach the nape with Stick It tape. This is a 65% density full cap. It is 4 months old, which is about the time at which I start wearing a new unit.

I do get a little redness/irritation in the nape area, which is my main challenge with full caps at this time. But the redness does not interfere with my wearing. The redness never seems to get out of control.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-14-2013, 03:39 AM,
RE: first photo in a long time-full cap nape
Hi Dino, I agree..... I`ve found that by bringing the perimeter ` down` further below the Occipital bone [for newbies--
that`s the round bone at the base of your skull above the neck area] I can then have the hair relatively short, as in your pic.
and it then tends to sit `in` against the skin in a natural-looking manner.....the longer the hair in that area, the more it tends
to curl outwards, which is a real give-away. I suppose too, that not everyone`s head-shape /size is the same, naturally, so
the occipital bone will not be located in exactly the ` same` spot ...some people will have it a little higher up from the nape, and others
will be a little lower down........ I think it`s best , when making a template, to just gauge where you think/know your hair naturally
` ends` and have your perimeter just a few millimetres above there, for a natural look. Lovely -looking system--enjoy ! Regards.
08-14-2013, 05:20 AM,
this looks great and makes me less nervous of the inevitable prospect of moving to a fullcap. Shaving everything off frightens me a lot.May I ask dino how people who knew u from your topper days reacted to u switching to a fullcap. Did many notice a major change?
Thanks
08-14-2013, 05:23 AM,
Looks amazing
I realise you're making a point but I love to see full frontals lol
Wearing gives us a second chance that we wouldn't have had in this life
If wee'd been born 30+years earlier
I feel so in oar iv got hair mpb robbed me of
Another chance ti look fantastic my best."I call that dam precious"
And he'll I appreciate it.