Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poly in the front?
08-03-2013, 10:27 AM,
Poly in the front?
I'm considering thin poly on the perimeter of my next piece, to help make attaching easier and to hopefully keep the piece more durable. I know that a lot of people do a strip on the sides and back, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the front, and would be willing to share their experience.

I do not expose my hairline, and I am thinking that if I can keep the tape just on the poly parts, I will be able to keep the hair looking good longer.
08-03-2013, 03:10 PM,
RE: Poly in the front?
Hello my first piece had poly all arround and the only plus side was the attachment. Poly does help with the attachement but is murder on the appearence of the hairline. Even if you keep your hairline covered you always feel a ridge where the hairline starts. I now have one piece with no poly and one piece with poly on sides and back. In hot humid weather I wear the poly sides and back. For me it helps with the attachment but everyone is different. I guess you will only really know with trial and error.
08-04-2013, 04:27 AM,
Do you know just how thin the poly was? Did you get it from here?

I'd probably try to get the absolute thinnest poly available if I order this way.
08-04-2013, 12:18 PM,
Ohio Guy no I did not get it from here, it was thin but ciuopled with hte tape is was something I just did not need. As the piece gets older and starts loosing hairs in the front it becomes more obvious. Its a personal choice and it was not working for me. A good secure bond with just lace lasts just as long for me in the front. Order one with and one without, alternate and you will soon see what you are more comfortable with
best of luck
Regards
08-05-2013, 01:35 AM,
I wear units with poly all the way round. Have tried others like lace front but found them not comfortable and the hold was also not secure. Gone back to poly and I don't even feel that I am wearing, I also don't expose my hairline and use tape that I change once a week. Takes 10 minutes to change the tape and clean my head. I shower with the unit on every day and as my own hair is very oily, I shampoo and conditioner every day.

My units last three months at a time and I buy four per year.

I would like to try the TL250 with a skin front though.