Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple Flaps
08-05-2013, 12:06 AM,
RE: Temple Flaps
Hi Joe and anyone else with advice

I will have to have a flap on the right side because my hair has started to thin out....

I would like to see some photos of people with temple flaps so I can get an idea of the look.... are flaps invisible or are they more obvious?
08-05-2013, 06:41 AM,
I have been using them since I stared wearing over 10 years ago. Without them I can't even wear a system. I mean everyones needs and hair line is different.. They work very well for me. For me personally I like to get them low density. Easier for me to blend in.. I cut my hair usually very short on the sides in a fade.. at the shortest I cut it with a number 1 guard.. So i have to cut the hair in the flaps pretty short..

I have posted pics of my flaps quite a few times on here.
08-06-2013, 12:38 AM,
Hi Xeon,

I didn't find the thread with your pics, can you post the pictures again please ?
08-06-2013, 12:57 AM,
If you want to find a user`s threads /posts, simply click on their user-name and their profile will open, then you can click the `Find all threads` link and the list of threads the user has posted will open...any with the paper-clip symbol on the right-hand side will contain pics. the person has attached in the thread...... you should be able to find what you`re seeking using that method.
08-06-2013, 01:53 AM,
Thanks Paul, i found the picture.

Xeon was actually gluing directly few hair on his temple flaps recreating a natural temple flap. I already tried this method but it takes more time and i was not sure about how strong it will hold and i was not that happy with the result, the more hair you glue the less it looks natural because the thickness of the hair is the same over the entire length, not like a hair coming from the scalp.
08-06-2013, 02:30 AM,
Glad you found it .... I seem to remember reading that thread a long time back..... I wear Fullcap/s as you probably know.....obviously the temple area/s have to be ` factored-in` when making the template...... I think though, that in the case of a topper-wearer, where you`ll be blending-in onto growing side-hair, the trick there is to get the density correct...it needs to be graduated in the same manner as the front hairline on a ` normal` topper [ one with no flaps] otherwise there`s likely to be that ` wall-of-hair` look which is a real give-away to the fact that a person is wearing.....don`t be afraid to get a relatively light density there because most people with all their own hair, if you look, will have the hair relatively light where it ` starts` and it gets thicker back in the direction of the ears...... with lace, you can be relatively sure that the lighter density won`t lead to a ` visibility` issue, especially with the finer types of lace [Swiss] ...I wear French lace and I don`t find any visibility issue on / at the temples even with a very light density.
08-06-2013, 05:29 AM,
lol nah.. I did that a couple of times just as an experiment. Normally I don't do that and haven't since than. I use the temple flaps on the system.
08-06-2013, 02:51 PM,
You are right Paul about that "wall of hair" look, that's what i get with my right partial temple flap. It's difficult to recreate the low density going to higher density near the ears, even when you cut it from an old piece, you need to do it well regarding the size, shape, hair direction.

At first i was using SMH (concealer) at the temple flaps area, but it's very obvious as there's a difference between the normal hair and the powder sticking with spray, like a painted look.
08-06-2013, 10:29 PM,
Here are a few pics of a system I got last year [Toplace]...it`s sitting on a glass head-form..hopefully you can see how light the temple-area density is ........ once the lace is bonded onto your skin, it literally disappears [ it`s a French lace base]

Attached Files Image(s)

08-07-2013, 03:06 AM,
Thanks for the pictures.

On the 2 first pictures, the lace is almost invisible behind your finger, in the last picture it is more visible, i wonder which glue you use to make it disappear.

Do you make a full bonding of glue with this piece, or use tape as well ?