Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a new Base ASAP - Need an advise
07-23-2013, 01:07 AM,
Need a new Base ASAP - Need an advise
hello to you all

i did a big mistake and didn't order a new base in time and now i'm stuck with an ugly base that is looking horrible.

I know i have 2 options :
1. order a new one and pay extra for rush
2. order the stock units that sells here

I have some questions and hope to get a quick answer :

1. Toplace have my size on file and i know there's a way to order the stock unit and i see the size of the stock unit is 8 X 10. how can i know if this size is good for me? will it sit nice on my head? how can i tell?

2. Also what is the difference between the stock to the custom? i see that the stock have 65% density (this is what i order in the custom) and also it's freestyle (also what i order in the custom) and i need it short so i guess the 6'' length will be fine for me and also it's all bleached knots. So what is the difference for me?

3. I see there's an option to choose in the stock unit the base material and i have there 2 options : the French Lace and the Thin skin. what is the difference in that 2? i always order the TL150 that i think it's swiss lace so i don't know what to choose.

4. how fast i will get it ? i am living in Israel , i know that the rush option is 4-5 weeks

hope you can help me with this difficult situation i'm in .
I don't have room for mistakes

thanks
07-23-2013, 06:44 AM,
RE: Need a new Base ASAP - Need an advise
Hi James,
The stock unit will work for you. I've checked your specs and your template size is 6" x 8 1/2". You increased both measurements by 5 cm on your last order so you'll still be o.k. with a stock unit. If you had paid extra for an over-sized unit then the stock unit would not work for you but that's not the case here. You're lucky in that your custom specs are very close to the stock unit specs. The stock units are spec'd very 'middle of the road' so that they work for the greatest number of people. Your custom orders are 65% density and freestyle--same as a stock unit. And your custom orders call for straight hair and the stock us body wave (one step up from straight). But since you cut it short the wave will end up on the barber's floor so it won't matter. I see your custom orders are for SFS with poly on the back and sides. I can get you a French lace stock with poly on the back and sides. French lace is the same material as Super Fine Swiss only a little more sturdy. We have your color on file. We also offer free shipping this month so I can get the unit to you in about 2-4 days via FedEx or UPS. I'll get an invoice out to you now. Thanks.
Regards,
John
http:///www.toplace.com/
07-23-2013, 06:50 AM,
Thanks for your replay and also I got the invoice
But 1 question : isn't the stock base is 4x 8? And you said my last order was 6 x 8.5?
I need the base size to be as my last order (the larger size)

Thanks

Also is the new thin skin is better than the lace?
07-23-2013, 07:04 AM,
Hi James,
The stock unit is 8" wide by 10" long (not 4 x 8). Your last order was 6" x 8 1/2" PLUS 5 CM all around.
Regards,
John
http://www.toplace.com/
07-23-2013, 07:11 AM,
Ok so are you sure it will sit good on my head? Also is the new thin skin will be better than the lace? And last thing how long it will take the base to arrive ?

Many thanks - you are life saver Smile
07-23-2013, 08:12 AM,
James,
Yes, it will sit good on your head. Lace and skin units both have difference characteristics. Skin is very easy to clean up. Some say lace is cooler although we have many customers that love skin even in hot climates--it isn't a problem. We can have the factory drop ship a stock unit directly to you via FedEx or UPS and you'll have it in 2-4 days. If you want to write to me directly just email me at [email protected].
Thanks,
John
07-23-2013, 08:35 AM,
Ok great sent you an email to sum up my order

Thanks