Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money?
07-20-2013, 12:31 PM,
Money?
Hey guys, about how much should i save up for my first time hairpiece all together? I know there are A LOT of variables with that question. But im just looking for a general figure thats all! hope everyone is doing good!

P.S. in case anyone cares lol I am doing alot better, been making alot of changes in my life for the good and im excited to start my journey of wearing and i know its going to be alot better then dealing with my ratty ass hair right now, which is only here because of propecia and also not worrying about said propecia! haha, i am very happy i live in a day and age wear losing your hair isnt really that big of a deal anymore with solutions like this! Be grateful everyone! and trust me when i start wearing im going to post alot of pictures!
07-20-2013, 03:39 PM,
RE: Money?
You'll want to get two units if you can swing it so that you have will have a back up in case something happens to one. You have will need supplies like tape, glue, styling products, shampoo, conditioners, mirror, combs, brush, alcohol and adhesive remover. Optional things like satin pillow cases, squirt bottles and alternate glues if you want. If you order from TL, you will likely spend about 300 per unit plus shipping. Depending on the type of supplies you buy, those could range anywhere from 100 to 250. Then you need to have some cash for the cut in which will vary by salon. Expect 75 to 125. In total with two units, you are looking at 800 to 1000. Hope that helps.
07-20-2013, 09:23 PM,
bamac where are you in the world?what country.
myne cost me £250.00 total inc bond cut it.in im in the uk+ supplies, adhesives alcohol ect
07-21-2013, 02:06 AM,
Hey antywanty! I live in New york! I have a stylist that i go to right now that cuts my current hair, we've discussed this and he said he would help me, only problem is that hes never had any experience with a hairpiece, good idea or bad idea? let me know your thoughts!
07-21-2013, 07:05 AM,
There are videos on youtube on how to cut in a piece. Suggest to your stylist that he watches them before hand.
07-21-2013, 08:03 AM,
weeve mentioned this before if he's any good, it shouldn't make and difference once its bonded to you're scalp. its, well ...just hair !!!!!on a head,!!!!!

it seems a majority of barbers hairdressers shy away from cutting in hair systems.

or charge you a extortionate amount and turn it into rocket science just because its a hair system.

my common sense advice would be,

find a professional who has a good attitude towards system cuts,

and wont charge you a fortune .

possibly arrange a meet with a member here who is proficient at cutting in.

or if toplace cant supply a contact number for a service offered in or close to you're area,

you'll have to phone around and get quotes.

id hang on as you really should go with someone who has a great recommendation.

I wish you good fortune in finding the right person to do the job

regards anty...from over the pond (England)
07-21-2013, 09:57 PM,
Hi bamac22, if your current stylist is a bit nervous about doing a cut-in [there`s no real reason he should be, as it`s simply a head of hair attached to an artificial scalp] you could consider going to Didi..she`s still ` operating` in New York...... here`s an old post with her details which John posted quite some time back.... I assume her phone number etc. hasn`t changed in the meantime.... I know some wearers went to her pretty recently so if any details on this [ old] post are wrong, they might chime-in with the current ones...... I believe she`s a good stylist but some guys consider her price/s a little high, but I guess for your first ever cut-in, it might be worth it for the peace-of-mind of knowing you`re going to a stylist who is well-used to dealing with all aspects of systems...... this is nerve-wracking enough for a first-timer without the added worry that a stylist who`s inexperienced with systems, might make a dogs` dinner of it !

Didi is still around--she's one of the best in the business. Here's her contact info:
DIDI NIKOLOVA
she's at James Bentley Salon, 533 West 57th street in between 10th and 11th avenue, on the 7th floor. You can walk it from GCT, but it`ll prob be around 20-30 min, you can hop into a cab for about $10 including tip, or take the train; Walk 0.49 miles (10 minutes) Northwest from GCT to 42ND ST -
BRYANT PARK STATION B line D line F line V line; [email protected] , OR MY CELL. 646-­932-­1108 Former Richard Farrell hair sytlist

Send physical orders to Didi at:

JAMES BENTLEY SALON
ATTN: DIDI
521 W. 57TH. ST.
NEW YORK CITY NY 10019

http://www.hairnaturallyperfect.com/ 1936 HARMAN ST. RIDGEWOOD NY 11385