Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thankyou to all the Guys who post here
07-18-2013, 02:21 PM,
Thankyou to all the Guys who post here
Hi,
Just wanted to thank those who take the time to post on the forum.I would never have got into wearing without the information and support through fellow wearers/posters.The only other option i had was with a full maintenance type salon that offered an expensive product that i felt didn't look realistic,compared with the DIY route,which has provided a very realistic product,that i can maintain,and at economical prices.

One other thing,the emotional support offered by you guys is invaluable,when you lose your hair it affects people differently,i was less confident,and not helped one little bit by comments,just shave your head(generally from those with full heads of hair).I don't think we can underestimate what hairloss does and how it makes you feel(particularly when you are dating,and wanting to attract partners),and only those who have hairloss truly know how it feels.

Regards topcat
07-18-2013, 06:24 PM,
RE: Thankyou to all the Guys who post here
I agree, hairloss can effect your life so much and change you as a person. The support on this and other forums had been invaluable to me as it has "normalised" the whole process of replacing my hair. I class hair loss as a disease. by that I wouldn't wish to offend anyone who has experience of a genuine life threatening illness, but for me the way hair loss affected my mental health was horrendous.it changed me completely as a person and that change in personality and change in how I lived my life cost me my marriage. Fortunately the support of these forums has given me the confidence to take the leap into hair systems to allow me to start to slowly get back to the old me.
07-18-2013, 10:02 PM,
I once said on a forum that losing my hair (for me) was like losing a limb.
I got really chastised by others for saying it!
But thats sort of how it felt.
It was like a part of me was missing and it affected my everyday life and therefore eroded my life & confidence.
07-19-2013, 06:25 AM,
if I type I felt suicidal, would that ring true?

I just couldn't let go of my comfort blanket, when my hair was styled I felt on top of the world,

nothing else really mattered I was set up for the day the week.

maybe coming from an angle of having always had attention from females then having it switched of hurt me to my core.

I remember staying in on summer days, depressed ,I never wore hats,
when I couldn't see my look that my hair style always brought out, or so I thought, probably still have perception issue.

I couldn't concentrate on anything, TV, reading, conversation, my confidence was zapped.
id go upstairs ...thinking please let me create the style I had a few days ago, so little hair left,
causing more damage to my scalp ,brushing hoping magically this session id do it.

and when it was styled, what I had left was, to me confidence restored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
I could see my look,!!!!!!!!!! the relief the happiness, exhilaration I loved the world again and wanted to be out in it, enjoying the summer sunshine.

of course looking back it was pity full the hair I clung onto with more concealer than hair
but I was hanging on in there, holding on to the edge of a cliff.

I contacted advanced hair studio, went for a consult, this is it I thought, iv came to the end of the road with natural hair,
logically you tell yourself this, emotionally
you still strive for a hairstyle you really cant have anymore.
they gave a price £1000,pounds sterling, it may as well have been 10 times as much.

devastated, they contacted me weeks later and reduced the price to £800.

I had been looking at top lace, for a few weeks months, reading posts,
and put up a post asking about a cut in, as I was going to order from toplace,
some angel Smile replied with the name of a one lady salon in whitley bay, operated by Sonia a 48 yr olde lovely lady.they had great hair from her and great service.

I went for a consult, I had my hair colour all wrong, etc.,
she said she could do me a system bond cut in £250.00 I was euphoric,

well fast forward 3 years into wearing,
and im the person I always should have been without the hair struggle.

I love wearing hair, I detest the perception wearing has,
but its changing slowly.

anyone, who is contemplating wearing, coming to the end of concealer, maybe a failed hair transplant, whatever you're hair loss, whoes,

you owe it to yourself to try wearing,
you've probably got a preconception to overcome about wearing,

it changes you're life, you want to scream happiness , looking in the mirror styling you're hair(well someone's hair) you're euphoric, just so complete.
better than any Prozac, any current hair loss pill, don't hold you're breath, tried emm all.

btw did I mention im happy.
Anthony, long winded because im passionate about my look!!! my hair.!!!!!
07-21-2013, 07:57 AM,
I think these forums are as much emotional support as technical support. We all here have a common problem and have found a wonderful solution to out hair loss. Everyone has small insecurities, and hair loss can add to that. It is very rewarding to know that there is support available on theses forums from all our brothers and sisters in the hair loss community. I have been wearing for over 35 years, and still occasionally hear, why don't you take that damn thing off and shave your head. I tell them no thank you, I enjoy looking 10 years younger.
07-22-2013, 10:04 PM,
antywanty,

I thought I was the only one that felt that way!
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM,
winstonage,

Your comment that people tell you to take the thing off is not very encouraging. Is this because you tell people you wear, or is it obvious?
07-26-2013, 02:58 PM,
I am talking about family. My pieces are not obvious, but my family knows that I wear. Some of them just think it is a vanity, and that I look fine bald. I beg to differ.
07-27-2013, 07:07 AM,
Somebody removed a thread critizing TL-systems - something about shedding 20 hairs when pounding on his head, and now the thread is gone? Or am I loosing itSmile
07-27-2013, 08:16 AM,
It looks like it was removed...and I must say that is a little disheartening. It makes me question if others have been removed in the past. It was a legitimate concern and something that at least three people were experiencing.