Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering What People Will Say at Work?
07-16-2013, 07:33 AM,
Wondering What People Will Say at Work?
First, let me say that I'm not incredibly happy with how my first unit looks at the moment. Not because of the quality at all from TL, but more about how I had it cut, my inexperience in styling and the color being just a tad too dark. Secondly, I had hair, just very thin and full of concealer so I didn't go from nothing to hair over the weekend.

So, I've been dreading coming to work looking different on Monday or someone noticing, starting at my head etc...I know from reading through all the threads, this is a fairly common concern for new wearers.

I work in an office with 10 women (young and older) and a couple guys and then there are 50 or 60 other employees that aren't actually in my dept. I've gone to several meetings today, talked to people up close both inside and out in the sun.

I have been put at ease throughout the day! I've had two people say something and that was "What did you do to your hair, it looks nice" and later followed up by "I like your new style, it looks good" and from the other person "got a new style going huh...brining it forward...looks good."

Other than that, I haven't noticed anyone looking at my funny or trying to figure out what is different. So all in all, a good day at work with the new look.

Like has been said before, we are always more critical ourselves than anyone else. People have other things to worry about...least of which is our hair. As always, I appreciate all the positive comments to my previous posts!
07-16-2013, 07:50 AM,
RE: Wondering What People Will Say at Work?
Yeah ... looking good and you`re now over another major hurdle ---` what will others who know me say/think` so you can now begin to ` relax` into this wearing game.....you have a steep learning -curve for the next little while and you`ll have your ` off` days ...don`t be put off...stay with it and persevere......it`s worth the bit of extra hassle we wearers go through over and above what a person with all their own hair has to do in terms of showering of a morning and styling...wearing takes more time and effort but it`s worth it....... you`ll find after a few shampooing`s the colour will lighten a bit and sun-exposure will add to it so any ` deep` shade now will not look so stark in a short space of time....... the style suits you and glad you managed to get it done [styled/cut-in] nearer to home than having to post it off to have it done...this is a base-line for you and you can now learn what to ` tweak` on subsequent orders..in fairness, you took the leap and it looks well on you so relax and enjoy it !
07-16-2013, 09:44 AM,
You're experience of your first day back at work literally mirrors mine. I also had thinning hair loaded with concealers so it wasn't a stark change. The comments I got were all similar to yours "your new style suits you" etc. like yours the colour was slightly off but nobody noticed and all I got were positive comments. Once you've seen everybody once (friends, family, colleagues etc) you can tick that box of transitioning between consealers and system and get on with focusing on how to make it look the way you want it to.
07-16-2013, 05:41 PM,
Hi,
I went from being pretty much bald on top with thin sides,to wearing a low density piece,that matches my sides well.
Everybody knew at work i had something done to my hair,but when you are bald,you dont have much of a choice when you decide to wear.Would have been a lot easier to go from thin hair/ concealer to wearing in my opinion,i wish i had that option.
I think people at work had got used to me with hair,and would be shocked to see me without hair.

Regards topcat
07-17-2013, 05:30 AM,
I fortunately wasn't working while I started wearing was convinced when I got home from the bond and cut in.I had to much hair,
im convinced it was my twisted perception, what id been used to seeing in the mirror
but iv got to much hair, I just couldn't step back from the twisted or anxiety fuelled perception.

and of course I had more hair, more density.
im kinda convinced I would have been busted coming from the clumps of concealer, and scarcity of hair increasing.if I had been in my last job

but ill never know, but hang on common sense tells you family friends didn't bat a eyelid apart from compliments.
I remember my sister saying you look like you've got more hair.

anyway iv served my apprenticeship im 3 years into wearing now.

phawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! what a relief!!!!!!

I just have to remember to go mega easy on the hairspray, to keep it from looking wiggy.

antySmile