Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How strong is a tape/glue bond
07-16-2013, 02:37 AM,
How strong is a tape/glue bond
Hi ! I'm new to hair systems and i am soon to be buying one. I'm just wondering how strong the actual bond is with the Tape/glue. I mean if someone tugged at your hair by accident during a sports match or during an intimate moment would it loosen or fall off ? Or if i was doing an outdoor activity and i was in a pool would it come off ?

Tom
07-16-2013, 06:27 AM,
RE: How strong is a tape/glue bond
Depends on the intimite moment. Is she a "tiger"?
07-16-2013, 07:36 AM,
The answer is no, especially when a bond is new/fresh....obviously after some time has elapsed, and exposure to humidity, sweating etc. the bonding materials will begin to fail..this is usually gradual, and you`ll have to use trial and error at first to find which ones work best with your lifestyle and body-physiology....... what works well for one person may not be so good on the next person ..... some of the stronger glues and tapes can really hold rock-solid for quite a long time...they usually ` last` longer in cold weather conditions, and conversely, in hot /humid Summer weather, they may weaken earlier...... also, an all-over bond will hold a lot better than just a perimeter bond....in my all- Poly [Skin] topper days, this salon would coat the entire bald area in 2 layers of white glue.....once that system was laid on top and pressed ` home` there was no way on earth it would come loose....even after 3 - 4 weeks, when I`d go for my regular de-bond and clean-up, there were days when it literally brought tears to my eyes when the technician was removing the system......gradually spraying in citrus solvent under the Poly and peeling it back as she went.....man I thought my scalp would be torn off !! At least with lace, you can spray on the solvents through the lace onto the bonded area and it will free the lace from it....with a skin system, it`s impervious and so more tricky to get the solvents in under it to weaken the tape/glue.
Things like swimming and gym activity will naturally weaken a bond earlier[sweating/ heat] than if you had a more sedentary lifestyle, but again, you`ll have to ` experiment`........ but again , ` no,` a person catching a clump of hair and pulling it will not result in the system coming away from the bonding-materials.
07-17-2013, 05:17 AM,
o btw pick a fight on day one of a bond, lol