Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairsystem Question
07-05-2013, 03:02 PM,
Hairsystem Question
I'm considering getting a system for the top of my head, as well as the temples. Temple hair is also naturally thinner, less dense, and grows at a very acute angle. How would a hair piece be made with these natural temple hair characteristics and the characteristics of my own temple hair? What would I have to do to template and ordering wise, and what can I expect from the factory for this request?
07-05-2013, 09:22 PM,
RE: Hairsystem Question
Toplace make eyebrows and moustaches for customers, so authentic temple hair won't be a problem.
Like with the rest of your system, you define the temple flap area with your template and specify density and hair direction.
It pays to have a few hairs that lay directly downwards at the front of the temple flaps to cover the lace edge.

Have a word with John and I'm sure he can help you get it right if you supply pictures.
07-07-2013, 07:55 PM,
Is it necessary to have those hair lay in front of the temple edges? My hairstyles usually expose the hairline on the temples as well so would it be detectable in that case? What if I just cut the lace up to the edge of the temple hairline?
07-08-2013, 11:24 AM,
It depends how good you are at doing attachments that hide the lace and how long those attachments last for you.
I can do a good hairline attachment but after a few days its good to have the option to have hairs covering the hairline if its started lifting and I don't have time to re-touch the front.

But its up to you. When hair is ventilated in a certain direction, its not set in stone that it has to lay that way.
07-08-2013, 12:53 PM,
Hi NoHairNoFair,
The factory will use finer hair on the temple areas to make it look realistic. You can draw arrows on the template indicating the direction that you want the hair to flow.
Regards,
John
http:///www.toplace.com/
07-29-2013, 05:22 PM,
Hi John,
I am getting ready to order a custom unit and I have a couple questions. I wear my hair combed back. I always have problems with a few wild hairs that hang down on my forehead. I am a professional type suit and tie so detection is my worst enemy. I plan on changing every 4 -5 weeks. My hair on the sides is fine and thin. What density would you recommend? What amount of wave? what would you recommend that is the most undetectable? I would really appreciate your help. I have been wearing a system for about a year. I have only had stock units and now I hope to find the best systems from Top lace. I thank you in advance for your help.
07-31-2013, 02:57 PM,
i"m not john but you should probably send him pics of your side hair so that he can see the density of it as well as a hair sample so the hair will be matched (individual thickness wise) . you should also have it close to the length that it will be worn. if you send a pic where it is longish it may appear thicker than it actually is
08-01-2013, 10:34 AM,
lovehair is right--a photo is worth a thousand words.
Regards,
John
http://www.toplace.com