Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to order for the sides of the hairline ? (photo)
07-01-2013, 02:26 AM,
What to order for the sides of the hairline ? (photo)
Hi,

Big newbie here in need of advice.

I've got recession on both sides of the hairline (picture below)
What do I have to order to fill these bald parts ?
I haven't seen the option to order juste parts of a piece.
Can I order a normal piece and then just cut what I need ?

I want to get used to wearing since I'm shedding quite a lot of hair on the rest of my head.

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

07-10-2013, 01:22 PM,
RE: What to order for the sides of the hairline ?
Any help please ?
07-10-2013, 04:58 PM,
you could shave the front off and get a small piece that replaces that and some of the temple recession....or you can get a piece that goes from temple, across the front to the other temple...
i'd go with my first suggestion so there aren't any blending issues
07-10-2013, 08:59 PM,
Search the forum using the key words FRONT PARTIAL and you should find lots of threads that will help you.
07-10-2013, 09:41 PM,
I expose my hairline and wear medium skin,
clean ups pretty easy.i use Oil Resistant White Glue (ORWG)for my bonds , rock solid.
and it looks the business.
looking further into the future, u may well loose hair further back , so possibly there is the option of a partial covering crown to mid frontal areas.great thing with wearing, there are so many choices.to look great.
07-10-2013, 11:03 PM,
Anty.....what is the thickness of your medium skin ?? Thanks
07-11-2013, 01:58 PM,
this is really rough and in no way represents a a template i'm just trying to illustrate what i mean

Attached Files Image(s)

07-12-2013, 03:04 AM,
I did a little research and cutting a piece to the shape I need doesn't seem to be a problem, I was really unsure of that

I would like to keep my natural hair and not shave it for as long it looks good.

I always had kind of a high airline so I was thinking more about somehing like on the pic below.
Although now after seeing your first picture Lovehair, I'm hesitating, I'm afraid it will be too obvious that something drastically changed even if I cover my hairline like I usually do.

Attached Files Image(s)

07-12-2013, 07:26 AM,
There are a few wearers that use two small pieces and seem to get on all right with them.
But I've also read a few posts where people started out using two bits, but in the end found it was easier & better to just use one continuous piece.
07-31-2013, 06:48 AM,
Its up to you but I wouldnt shave anything yet. Try 2 pieces to fill in the receeding bits see how it looks.

This way you'll have your own hair at the front. You could also brush your forelock a little to the left and right mixing the pieces with your own hair should give a flawless look.

I wear a really small piece (although I was advised to shave it) and I grow my hair long and mix the piece in with existing hair and it looks great.