Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap nape hair
06-24-2013, 05:43 PM,
full cap nape hair
Before you yell at me, I have used the search button, thanks Wink

I've got full cap wearing nailed down quite well I feel now, but the one issue I have been unable to rectify to my liking is the nape area. I attach below the occ. bone but my bond there is always solid. The real issue is the hair.

My hair in that area is kept at a medium length. It goes to just past the bottom of my earlobes. The problem is that the hair 'poofs out' or curls out. Dino had that problem, I think cowboy struggled with it (?) a bit too from previous threads. I tried cutting in triangles there and leaving excess tape but the hair doesn't stick to it very well so the issue remains.

My next step is to procure some got2b (unavailable in my country, NZ I'm afraid) to try and glue the hair down somewhat there, but also my next fullcap will have a higher density for the last inch of nape as Paul has suggested this may help.

My question is: do other fullcap wearers get such issues with this? [I imagine it'd be easier with a short nape style] and how do you deal with it?
06-26-2013, 03:18 PM,
RE: full cap nape hair
The way I solved this problem is by cutting the base at the nape short, right on the bone then leaving 1/2" of my own hair. I also left 1/2" on the temples, this looks extremely natural with my own hair showing.