Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaving off thin hair
03-18-2010, 02:26 AM,
Shaving off thin hair
One of the toughest things any hair wearer, full cap or topper, has to answer is 'Do I need to shave any hair?' In order to get a tight and secure attachment to the scalp the plain and simple answer is 'yes.' But only the fine and 'wispy' stuff---not the hair that has a good solid hold and can be used to blend into your hair system. Now that can be a tough hurdle to overcome because most hair wearers have been nuturing that hair hoping to keep or even grow more with the help of Rogaine or other drugs. Now they have to confront the issue to shaving off that thin hair. We urge all wearers to keep as much of their own hair as possible without compromising the style they're trying to achieve. But more often than not there is some 'wispy' thin hair that needs to go. Shaving that off allows you to get a good attachment and allows you to show scalp if desired for realism. If you didn't shave it the thin hair would sit under the base, be noticeable, and be a pain to clean up due to the tape and glue. I'll dig up a photo and post it on the forum to show you what I mean.
Regards,
John

[/img]