Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Ireland and my system only lasts 6 weeks?
06-19-2013, 04:58 AM,
RE: In Ireland and my system only lasts 6 weeks?
Yeah, lace -release is just alcohol, so it evaporates off..... if you have tape or glue residue on your lace you`ll have to remove it before re-bonding.....you can use the mirror-slide or get a strip of bubble-wrap and rub the lace across it...that will roll the residue into little lumps..... if it`s stubborn, you`ll need things like an alcohol glue-remover, which is mostly alcohol, or a citrus-based solvent such as C22 [ needs to be washed out before the new bond].
I find Enhance gives a ` light hold` if you dampen the hair, apply it, style it as normal, then finish off with a final outer-surface few sprays and allow it to dry naturally...it lightly `holds` the style...it will relax once you brush / comb the hair again...it`s a nice product to use and really helps lengthen the life of a system.You can be ` generous` when using it but no need to get carried away...... I wear fullcap so I use a bit more than a topper -wearer would need. Let me know what you think of it when you get / use it ! I immerse my system in lukewarm water in a sink to which I`ve added/mixed a dessertspoon sized amount of shampoo.... I let it sit for a few minutes, lift it out, let the water out, and simply run lukewarm water through the lace, onto / down the hair to remove the shampoo and then I apply conditioner....let it sit in the [empty] sink for an hour, and rinse out the conditioner in the same way...dry the hair by blotting on a clean towel, spray on the ` Enhance` , style, and let it sit on a head-form to dry naturally.
I don`t often use Serum but I bought a few bottles of Joshua Galvin a while back .. I believe it`s no longer available though.....any of the well-known haircare product -makers usually produce serums too...... just have a look in any of the big pharmacies for a serum for dry / damaged hair rather than for frizzy / curly hair as this tends to have a straightener in it and it will take the wave / curl out of your hair..... read the ingredients and if you see something like ` dimethicone` or anything ending in `` ...... cone`` it`s silicone and will give shine ! You only need a few drops on the finger tips and kind of ` pluck` at the hair tips and slightly down the hair shafts.....you don`t want to literally coat the hair in it...just a little product ` pulled` through the hair can give it a nice sleek /shine-look.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In Ireland and my system only lasts 6 weeks? - Paul In Ireland - 06-19-2013, 04:58 AM