Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Ireland and my system only lasts 6 weeks?
06-18-2013, 11:50 AM,
In Ireland and my system only lasts 6 weeks?
Hi guys - I am based in Ireland and I have to change my human hair system every 6 weeks. Here is my routine and you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I wash the system twice a week (detach and attach - never wash it on my head - I have to do this as I have oily skin) I use nearly natural silk protein shampoo - I wet the hair and put a table spoon of shampoo on and wash it under a showerhead in lukewarm water - it always seems to be washing out dirt at this stage . I then repeat the shampooing process as the second time produces a nice white lather and then I dry the hair. The hair although thoroughly clean will always feel kind of dry after this process - I don't use conditioner here as I use leave in conditioner every day.

I then tape it up and once on my head I spritz it with water and some leave in conditioner - the one I have always used is called Equave two phase by Revlon for dry, coloured, permed or highlighted hair. I then spritz it with Jorgen wet look spray.

Here are my problems:

If I go out in the sun for even half an hour my system will dry out.
My hair dries out anyway and needs to be spritzed with water 3-4 times a day to look lifelike.
My sides are thin so if I put in styling products like gels or waxes they look great at the time but I pay for it the following day as there will be a distinct difference between the piece and my own hair. This doesn't happen when I just use the styling method described above.

Maybe I'm using totally the wrong products - I don't know but have been wearing for 5 years and love it but I just wish the pieces didn't dry out so quickly. I would appreciate any feedback - I mean that.

Best Wishes

Deano

Messages In This Thread
In Ireland and my system only lasts 6 weeks? - deano59 - 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM