Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape Cure Time
06-18-2013, 08:19 AM,
RE: Tape Cure Time
Sebtizzle/msebas --- hope this answers both your questions: Tapes don`t need ` cure times` in the same way that glue does .... most glues need a full 24 hours before you can safely sweat / expose it to moisture etc. You`re using Safegrip -- that`s a glue I think ? It`s usual for skin -wearers to apply an all-over application of glue, otherwise you can get a hollow sound if you tap the base if it`s just a perimeter bond, as air is trapped under it..also if someone casually ran their hand across it, they`d possibly feel ` movement` in the centre of it..... it`s quite possible to use tape with skin systems in which case a perimeter bond and a strip of tape across the middle front-to-back helps hold down the middle section... showering / exposing a skin system to water in the shower should have no bearing on your tape or glue as the skin is largely impermeable and in any case, the glue/s tapes are not affected by water when relatively newly-applied....... towards the end of a ` long -term` bond, the adhesive materials can become unstable /weak and water can then affect the hold....my guess is that your body physiology is such that that particular glue is not holding/lasting as long as you might hope for.....it`s trial and error with bonding materials until you find one which ` works` for you... I see some guys getting really long-term hold with Walker no-shine tape.....the most I get out of it is 3 days max !! .....we`re all different....have you tried Proflex tapes at all ? I read they are really strong /give good hold with relatively easy clean-up.... I have some but never used them yet ! Just Google ProFlex tape and you`ll get suppliers ..... hope that helps !

Messages In This Thread
Tape Cure Time - msebas - 06-16-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: Tape Cure Time - Oldwearer - 06-17-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Tape Cure Time - Paul In Ireland - 06-18-2013, 08:19 AM
RE: Tape Cure Time - msebas - 06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Tape Cure Time - Oldwearer - 06-18-2013, 09:54 PM