Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Systems Late Late Show
05-25-2013, 08:47 PM,
Hair Systems Late Late Show
Hi guys,
Evolve Ireland had their systems featured last night and id imagine some of the other Irish wearers were watching the show.Im not actually wearing yet ,still in the concealer phase but I was not very impressed with what they had to offer. It actually has me a little worried as even my sister who was watching the show said "it looks terrible" when the young girl came out after her replacement. I would like to hear what u guys think.I will provide a link,just bear in mind that you will have to wait through adverts for about a minute.Go to 1hr35mins on the show to see the systems.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10151417/

Thanks!
05-25-2013, 11:20 PM,
RE: Hair Systems Late Late Show
What a disastrous result for both of them!
She was channelling a red headed Dolly Parton and he had on his head a hedgehog.
Even the man from the company had an obvious piece on.
Its appalling advertising.
Just like this feature was for this company (approx 12 mins in)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/b...en/tv/episode/b01skvkw
05-26-2013, 03:32 AM,
Hey Hersute,
I agree the systems were very poor and given this is a promotion imagine what the real products look like.I cant view that bbc one as im not located in the UK.The quality of the pieces actually had me quite worried as i was thinking "im gonna be stuck with one of those rugs when I start wearing".
The guy that owns the company wears a fullcap and Im not sure what is the giveaway but it looks very obvious.
05-26-2013, 09:02 AM,
I think the full cap was too dense and it was a really bad style/cut.
Plus, in the men's cases, it might have been the lighting and/or the styling product, but the hair looked 'dead' with no natural sheen or gloss.
Her hair, on the other hand was ALL gloss and lacquer, in fact it may have had a coat of Ronseal Varnish left over from somebody's fence panels!
05-31-2013, 08:08 AM,
I thought the piece on the 20 year old chap looked quite good, didn't like the other one's though.

However, this is an example of what pieces look like under studio lighting and a high quality camera, v.s the blurry pictures that we often get on the internet, so perhaps this is just a more realistic representation of what a piece actually looks like?
05-31-2013, 08:44 AM,
I don't think its a case of a studio/TV/HD showing a system for what it is compared to a photo image. If anything, those particular cameras/lighting distorted the look of the quality of the hair itself combined with there being too much product on the hair..
There are plenty of HD videos of replacement hair that don't make the hair look like that.

Those systems were obvious as wigs because they hadn't been designed with any consideration of who was wearing them and their features.

With some thought, some effort and a decent system, there is absolutely no excuse for hair looking that bad.
Unfortunately I see it time and time again emerging from so called professional salons.
I believe the people who go down the DIY route are getting the best results these days.
05-31-2013, 10:28 PM,
Ditto Hersute......I didnt like any of them either...Glad the customers are happy and thats what counts. The cute girl had way to much hair. Those were "professional " hair replacement people ?
06-01-2013, 12:29 AM,
Ha!
Hence I used the phrase 'so called'!!
I know I sound like I'm just being rude and dismissive but when you see what having hair back again meant to that poor girl, its actually quite upsetting.
When you're in that kind of distressed state of low self esteem, you really should be able to walk into somewhere and get the best sort of advice.
She clearly didn't get that with this company and it makes me cross.
She would have actually had a better result if she'd stolen a nylon wig off a shop store display dummy.

Whats even more upsetting is that if you go to their website, they've been inundated with enquiries as a result of that show!

This is from their site:
------------------------
"Our Hair Systems are made from The Finest Human Hair and we source the best quality direct from manafatures (sic) around the world."
------------------------
"Invisaible (sic) frontline in Hair replacement"
---------------------------
"From time to time we will make you aware by email or in Person.
Of all special offers that may come up on Hair Replacement Systems."
---------------------------
"Hair Replacement Without Surgery
Your Hair Loss Problem Become Our Mission at Evolve"
----------------------------

They can't even spell, punctuate or be grammatically accurate in their own messages!

Attached Files Image(s)

06-01-2013, 12:48 AM,
At first I thought that maybe it was the studio lighting that highlighted the flaws of hair pieces in real life but having seen this vid of shatner and following hersutes comments I think they were just poor quality systems.That guy who owns the company has a brother working for RTE which is how he got on the show.

Shatner:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z7WlstPIWc

Actually just found a video of them on the same show in 06 I think. The pieces actually look pretty good herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8L1LqplbMU
06-01-2013, 09:13 PM,
Dont know if anyone ever told the cute girl but there was something sexy about her with no hair!! She could have ordered from Paula Young, looked better and saved herself a lot of cash !!! The dudes hair blend-in was horrible and the hair pros hair had that wiggy look.