Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to choose
05-23-2013, 11:24 PM,
how to choose
Hey there,

I need your help.... Ive been thinking about getting a system for a while know but never really went forward with it. My biggest fear is that its going to show..... and thats what I dont want. Once I start wearring... it has to be perfect because I dont wont to be wearring for a couple of months and then have to go back to a shaved head.

The most important aspect for me is undetectability!!! what system should I go with. An other point is that I would like for the bound to last a least the whole week; debound and rebound only on weekends.

I would also like a stylist near montreal to help me with cutting and styling in my system, so does anyone know a good stylist in this area.

Lets start with that and go from there... thanks for your help
05-24-2013, 12:56 AM,
RE: how to choose
Hi Jaisy,
You say "Lets start with that and go from there"

I'm afraid you've completely misjudged the starting point.
The starting point isn't getting everyone else to tell you what to choose.
The starting point is you learning about what choices are available and then working out what is suitable for you by asking for help & advice based upon what you've learned.

What research have you done?

You say you've been thinking about it for a while and that you've decided it has to be perfect and undetectable.
Is that as far as your thinking has led you?
That doesn't really help you narrow down your choices.
Its not like there is a 'detectable' range and a 'non-detectable' range, just as you're not going find many people for whom detectability ISN'T an issue.
Each type of system has its pros & cons.
The reason there is so much choice is because the idea is to replicate an individual's natural hair with a replacement and everyone is individual, so their requirements are an amalgamation of different specifications.
Detectability & perfection come down to the wearer and the choices they make, how skilled an attachment they have and what style they choose to wear their hair.
Its not about being able to say "this is a non detectable hair system that will look perfect, so buy that".
Someone else's idea of perfection might not be yours.
Its all about making the right choices that will suit you, your needs and your lifestyle.
If it were a simple case of you asking what you should order and someone being able to just tell you, there wouldn't be over 145 pages of forum posts.

So if you really are worried about detectability and perfection, like most things, it will be up to you to do as much research as possible and understand the subject matter.
Remember, it will be going on YOUR head and become part of YOUR daily life and it will be only YOU that has to deal with any consequences.
So really YOU should be the one doing the research so that when you do get advice, you understand what is being advised and said and then you can filter that information to tailor your own needs.

Unfortunately no-one can walk you through the entire thing from start to finish and the people who get the best advice (and subsequent success) are the ones that have gathered information and are just seeking clarity on certain issues.

So check out the different systems available. read the pros & cons, look up different attachment methods and generally just get to understand the basics and as much of the terminology as you can.
Then when you get answers that speak of 'density', 'ventilation', 'graduated hairlines', 'front contours' you will have an idea what people are talking about.

Good Luck
05-24-2013, 09:19 AM,
Crash and restore in process. Sorry for the inconvenience. Everything should be back soon.
John
05-26-2013, 11:59 PM,
Ok.... lets star over.....

I did read a lot on the systems, you just probably didnt get my question or I didnt ask it the right way..... For the indetectability aspect.... a lot of people say that lace is better that skin for hairline.... know I would like to know the reality of wearers .... does lace really disapear on your scalp were you dont have to worry about people seing it. or is there always a little something....

For the density... graduated hairline... front contour.... I know Ill have to check that out on my own to match my existing hair.... I didnt ask for advice on those topics.... I allready have a good idea of what to order.

As for the bound... How often do you have to reboud your unit... every 3 days, 5 days, 7 days.... Now I know that your going to tell me it depend on the base and what king of glue or tape you use, your lifestyle active or not... but I just want a ballpark figure. To have an idea.
I would like for someone to says: I use orwg glue and it work amazing.... I rebound once a week... clean up take about 2 hours... or ... if you want a longer bound use this type of glue....

hope to hear from you soon
ty in advance
05-27-2013, 01:05 AM,
So am I right in thinking that having read the forum, you found lots of variable answers, but what you're looking for are specific answers?

You say:
"I would like for someone to says: I use orwg glue and it work amazing.... I rebound once a week... clean up take about 2 hours..."

Isn't that exactly what the posts on the forum are full of?
People recounting their individual experiences.
Its just that not everybody's experiences are the same even if they're using the same products.
Personally, I use ORWG, I wouldn't say it was 'amazing', but it works for me, I can sometimes get 10-14 days and my clean-up can take 3 hours.
So mine is a different experience to Southernguy's.
Thats the reality, I know its frustrating, but thats just the way it is.

"Bounds" or bonds can last from 1 day to 1 month
Lace can be perfectly invisible for some wearers, whereas other wearers report that the lace is visible under certain lighting conditions.
Some wearers can do a clean up in 10 minutes, others can take 2-3 hours.

As Southernguy rightly points out, these ARE the answers to your questions, as you've already read.
As individual answers, they are specific to specific wearers and their specific circumstances.
Collectively, they are wide ranging.

Its impossible for anyone to predict within that variable spectrum where you, as an individual, will fall.
05-29-2013, 10:15 PM,
Reading and researching is very important but.... Just reading about how to wear hair is kind of like learning how to ride a bike or water ski from a book alone. There comes a time ... You just have to... go for it... and fall a few times to find out how to do it.
05-30-2013, 11:15 AM,
I get what your saying guys... its not an exact science... well then time to try... ill be back with more questions once my unit arrives.

By the way, no one know a stylist in montreal area?

By the way.... Ty for your time guys

hersute... I read that your not familiar with toplace pieces... were do you get your and why not at toplace?

just want to explore every possibility
05-30-2013, 10:15 PM,
HI...wise not to dis any vendor especially on their own forum. If you want some customer opinions, ck out "HairLoss Help" forums, scroll down to "hair systems". Top Lace..Hairpiece Warehouse..Northwest Lace..Hair Direct (not in any particular order) are just some of the well discussed topics.
05-30-2013, 11:31 PM,
oups... didnt see it like that... didnt mean to dis anyone or any vendor.... Hope that there is no harm done.
05-31-2013, 12:00 AM,
Jaizy,

In answer to your question, there is no real reason I've not bought from Toplace yet.
At the time I discovered them and this forum, I was buying in bulk from China direct.
Its taken me several years to work through wearing those pieces!

Some of the very best results I've seen have been on this forum and are Toplace pieces.
This is my all time favourite result EVER:
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...0/%3E%3Cbr

I also know that John, the owner, builds very good relationships with his customers and stands by his products.
No matter which seller you go to, its that kind of service you should be looking for from a vendor.