Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bad reaction to tape
05-16-2013, 03:12 AM,
bad reaction to tape
After wearing for over 20 years with no side effect I am getting red rashes from the tape. I know its from the tape because the rashes are the exact outline of the tape. Any ideas of what this is and any suggestions what I can do about it. Thanks
05-16-2013, 03:23 AM,
RE: bad reaction to tape
Whats the name/brand of the tape because a lot of people have reported a similar reaction to (I think) a Walker tape they'd used for years which suddenly was having this affect.
05-16-2013, 05:40 AM,
I read the " stickit tape " by sunshine tape, is the only medical grade tape made. Medical grade means it was made under completely strylized conditions. Might give it a try.
05-18-2013, 06:30 AM,
Supertape gave me reactions a few times. You sure that is the only tape? Ive seen other tapes before claim to be medical grade.
05-18-2013, 11:05 AM,
Not according to a reliable source.. and I cant recall where I read it....others claim it but Stickit tape was said to be the only one that is.
05-18-2013, 12:26 PM,
Being manufactured under sterilized conditions is different than being allergic to the ingredients. If your allergic, doesn't matter what type of conditions it is made under.
05-18-2013, 05:00 PM,
The best thing to do is try out some new types of tapes using the "patch test" method. Just cut several small pieces of each kind of tape and stick them on an exposed area of skin (on arm or chest), leave for 24 hrs to see which ones (if any) will cause a reaction.

Some people also say the new Walker "thick" scalp protector creates a better barrier to guard against skin irritation and others use a light coating of liquid bandage that you can get in any pharmacy to create a similar barrier.

You'll probably need to use some Got2b Spiking Glue for attaching for a few days to give your scalp a chance to recover from the tape rash before trying a new type of tape.
05-19-2013, 01:49 AM,
Medical Grade is vaguely defined, it just means something made in sterile environment.
You can make Poison also which is Medical Grade!
06-11-2013, 09:43 AM,
BBYG- Have you (or anyone here) that has experienced reactions to tape or glue come up with something that works? I am no longer able to wear tapes or glues cause of BAD reactions. I can only use Got2b but would love to find a tape or glue that would not give me such painful rashes as sometimes I would like a stronger and longer hold.

The pic I am posting is the reaction I get from just 1 day of attaching with either tape or glue. Very, very, frustrating as I have tried numerous tapes and glues, all with the same outcome. Wore for a year with no problems then all of a sudden break outs. Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-14-2013, 04:22 AM,
Just wanted to also ask to people who experience rashes and breakouts. Is this an allergic reaction and if so does anyone think allergy pills can combat it? My stylist has lots of clients and has been in the hair system business for years and she says never seen reactions on anyone like I have.

Sorry if keep bringing this subject up but figure out of the 100's of people on here, somebody must experience the rashes I do and have come up with a solution. Thanks.