Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First system - 4 days in (photos)
05-19-2013, 01:38 AM,
RE: First system - 4 days in (photos)
The glue turns to a blue/green jelly when the Autoglym has finished working.
You then need to do a lot of rinsing and I always give the whole thing a wash in diluted Fairy liquid to get rid of grease.
Then I condition it and let it dry naturally.
Using the microfibre cloth and the fine tooth comb to remove the softened glue really helps to declump the hairs.

It does sound like you need a bit more practice with glue.
You shouldn't be getting it on your fingers and its possible you're not letting it dry fully before attaching, hence getting the hairs stuck.

But I think some people are tape-people and others are glue-people!
I'm ok with glue, but I remember getting in a terrible muddle fiddling around with bits of tape.
05-19-2013, 01:50 AM,
Thanks Hersute. I wear tape at the back and glue at the front currently so I may have to have a play with this and see what works best. I thought the autoglym had got it all off but obviously I need a finer comb and really work it through. I'm on my way out to buy a nit comb and a microfiber cloth anyway and see if i can sort it out. I'm so scared I've ruined it though but hopefully not. I gave it a real good rinse with fairy liquid, then shampooed and conditioned and it seemed to be combing through ok. It was only once the hair was completely dry I realised it was still stuck together. I'll keep trying!
05-19-2013, 03:22 AM,
Just try dampening (not soaked) the cloth with some Autoglym and then wiping the hairs from the base up.
Then run the comb through it.
You should be able to do all this without detaching.

All glue can be removed, so don't worry, you haven't ruined it.
05-19-2013, 04:46 AM,
Thanks again for the reassurance, I'll definitely try that method. I've got my nit comb, got my cloth, going to have a few beers now and have a go at it tomorrow. At least it's taken my mind off the colour issue I was obsessing about!! Onwards and upwards.

Cheers