Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Definitive guide for exposed lace hairline (pics)
05-12-2013, 08:43 AM,
Definitive guide for exposed lace hairline (pics)
For those of you wearing lace pieces and like to expose the front with a brushed back or spiked up look...what do you guys do? How many layers of glue? I find that if the light comes in from a side angle the lace is visible. Is hiding the lace completely a dream or can it be done?
05-12-2013, 09:16 AM,
RE: Definitive guide for exposed lace hairline
Do you trim your lace right back to the hairline?
05-12-2013, 01:03 PM,
Yes I do. But I notice the grid pattern underneath the hair but only at certain lighting angles but it is noticeable from a few feet away. Maybe not using enough glue?
05-12-2013, 01:07 PM,
Yes, maybe.
I only use 2 layers of ORWG.
What type of lace is yours? French, Swiss or Superfine Swiss?

I cut the first row of hairs about 0.5-1 inch long and use those to randomly fall forward or go sideways and cover the lace and sweep the rest of the hairs back.
I also apply my glue 1-2 millimetres past where the lace ends and bring the hairs forward and over the edge of the lace and press them in to the glue.
This keeps the lace completely covered and the hairs at the front look like they're emerging straight from the scalp.

See pic 1, this is very similar to how I wear my hair at the front.
Pic 2 is another good alternative. the shorter hairs at the front help to cast a shadow over the lace and stop lighting being so direct.
-----------------------------------------------------
I read the following on another site which might work for you;

"I recently bought a few different adhesives to get an idea of which ones I like best.

Last night I decided to give Davlyn Green a shot, and it worked well. However, the test piece that I was attaching was made from a coarse lace that doesn't disappear too well on the skin.

After I had attached with the Davlyn, the lace was still quite visible at the hairline. I took a bit of Got2Be Glued, and diluted it about 50% with water. I used a small artist's brush and painted it on *top* of the 1/8" of lace that I had left protruding beyond the hairline. It did a great job of helping the thick lace to disappear on my skin.

As the G2B dries, it seems to dull any shine from the adhesive, and fills the holes of the lace a bit so that they are not so visible. "

Attached Files Image(s)

05-13-2013, 09:18 AM,
RE: Definitive guide for exposed lace hairline (pics)
I wear a medium skin piece don't like the hairline when its in its early stages,
but once iv lost some hairline hair a few mm, it looks way better.
no problem with a grid pattern, trade off looks kind of to uniform, described as a wall of hair which can be made to look a lot better with various styling product.

it will take a while for the hard edge on the poly/skin to soften as its around 3 weeks old.
few washes and it should be fine.

end of the day, you're focused on you're hair, you're immersed in a forum,
takes a while to realise or come down from you're heightened awareness to sit back relax and realise,

no one cares,
05-15-2013, 08:36 AM,
for the secont picture what density do you need?
05-15-2013, 08:39 AM,
MarcoDo,

You don't choose the density by the hairstyle.
You match the density to your own natural hair, otherwise it looks like some else's hair on your head.