Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Options
05-07-2013, 04:08 AM,
Base Options
Hello, I know this has been discussed many times and obviously, base types depend on the person, style, lifestyle etc. But after reading so many opinions and experiences, I have a couple questions.

I plan to wear my hair forward in a bit of a messy look so won't be showing the hairline much but still want to be able to have as natural hairline as possible in case of wind, water etc...So I was thinking about Poly base with SFS front. Just don't think trying to clean a lace base is something I'm prepared to do, at least right now. Additionally, there are many posts about skin with injected hair having a very natural look, especially at the crown. Was also planning to glue the entire unit, not just sides back and front.

I am worried about comfort and heat while working out with the poly base however. So finally the questions:

1. If I went with a French lace base/SFS front with poly sides and back, will I get a secure fixture with the piece? If not can I use tape in the middle on the lace?

2. Same question regarding the workout system, which is Ilace surrouned by poly with lace front?

Appreciate any insight!
05-07-2013, 05:15 AM,
RE: Base Options
Hi Chazisland,
Wearing your hair combed forward and not exposing the hair line makes hair wearing a lot simpler. In answer to your first question, yes you will get a good strong hold with the French lace base with a SFS front and poly on the back and sides. The glues and tapes available today are so good so won't need to tape the middle of the unit. And the same is true of the Exercise Base which can even give you an even stronger bond since it has poly all around the perimeter but is setback 1" for the French lace in front. Customers get strong bonds with units even without using poly--just taping/gluing to the lace. The addition of poly gives you much more surface area to bond to and therefore the stronger hold. It's really not necessary to glue the entire unit unit (full bond)---just glue (or tape) the perimeter.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/