Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need HELP please ..
05-06-2013, 11:56 PM,
Need HELP please ..
Hi Everyone Smile

I am from Saudi Arabia, and I really like this forum and the spirit of helping each other and sharing experiences.
I really feel myself here, where I can discuss my problems and difficulties I am facing with hairpiece rather than going to Hair Studio.
I am really pleased to be with you here guys Smile

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

Now, I a going to tell you my problem that just happened to me last night.

I am wearing a lace base (french as a base, and SFS in the front, No poly at the back and sides)

I really love this hairpiece, it gave me the most natural look, but I got problem with it which is the Attachment, and am going to put my problem in two parts here.

So, I am really seeking for a Help here.

1) Attachment:

Oh guys, what happened last night will never be forgettable, I really cant put in the words in how much I suffered and stressed out yesterday, I used the whole 36 pieces blue liner all around, and i failed to attach it, but finally I barely attach the unit to my scalp and it was really weak bond.

PS. Just today i discovered that it is really important to use Skin Protector & Scalp Prep or ProTouch No Sweat before attaching the unit.

2) I sweat a lot.

I do my workout six times a week, and I swim a lot, rather than that I live in middle east, and it is really hot and humid here.

my question and what am looking for is:
What is the most proper tape to use at the back and around?
And, What is the best glue that can be used in the font and will not cause any mess because of the oil and sweat?

I am looking to achieve the most natural look in the front and strong bond all around, I have searched a lot, but I could not get what am looking for, at the first time I thought that Ghost Bond will be the deal and the end end of my suffering, but I heard it is does not work as you are going to expect it.

lastly, I need your opinions about these four products:
1)Supertape Mini Low profile contours
2)Walker Ultra Hold
3)Vapon No Tape Liquid Adhesive
4)NX-Gen Unifying Agent

All the Best.
05-07-2013, 05:30 AM,
RE: Need HELP please ..
Hi Nature Boy,
In answer to your first question: The secret to a strong attachment is simple: you need to have a thoroughly clean scalp. It's well worth it to take an extra couple of minutes to make sure that your scalp is clean so that you get a solid bond. It sounds like your scalp was not completely clean and therefore the tape did not form a secure bond. A good product to use is 'Pure Adhesive Remover' to thoroughly clean your scalp. Or 91% rubbing alcohol and even Dawn Dishwashing Detergent. Don't be afraid to repeat the cleaning process more than once in order to make sure the scalp if free of all adhesive residue.
For the second question, our most popular tape is Super Tape. It does and excellent job for most people. I say 'most people' because there are always some hair wearers that have a certain body chemistry that doesn't work well with certain tapes and glues. Some people will love a certain tape or glue and swear by it. Then someone else will try it and it's 'just o.k.' We're all different. Our most popular glue is Walker Ultra Hold---works great for most people.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
05-07-2013, 01:15 PM,
Hi,
Im in Australia,so i can relate to the heat/humidity.

I clean my scalp(to remove tape residue) with pure or desolvit after i remove the piece,i then wash my scalp with soapy handwash at least three times,to get it really clean and to remove the pure or desolvit.After drying and before attachment i wipe the scalp with 100% alcohol.

You should find blue liner tape to be the strongest hold and stick to anything,i use walker no shine and get a good 5-7 day hold before i remove.I found blue liner very good but breaks down too quick and gets gummy

Make sure you are in a cool place and not sweating when you attach.
Also if the tape is not sticking to the lace,you can wipe the lace with a little alcohol to the areas you apply the tape,this will help clean the lace should there be any residue left on there.

Regards Topcat
05-07-2013, 05:34 PM,
Hey Topcat59,

Where in australia are you located. I am in Melbourne

Regards

greeko1987
05-08-2013, 07:16 AM,
just a reminder, on cleaning the scalp,
WARNING!!!

don't be to aggressive, if you overdo rubbing with say cotton wool or youre finger nail or

especially the hairline if you expose,or not

you might release plasma(clear component of blood which reacts to skin damage etc.) if you damage the surface of the skin,
you've seen this clear fluid in blisters, burns ect...

and you wont get any bond till this area heals.

I made this mistake on my hair line a few summers ago,

and had to stay indoors as the hair line was scarred and had bledd, no way would 2 " of hairline stay secured it just flopped up,.

so that was a lesson for me, hiding away on a beautiful sunny day,

of course although undesirable its not the end of the world on partials if its the crown or forward point before the hairline where it occurs. wheres theres a lot of surface area left to hold abond.

with full systems the nape and front hairline sides, just go easy on visible areas where a great edge bond is crucial

happy bonding,

anty )

so [possibly if you cant get a bond, maybe youre releasing plasma and TEMPORARILY affecting the bonding properties of adhesive.
05-08-2013, 01:49 PM,
Hi greeko 1987,

I live in Perth,WA,possibly im the only toplace wearer here,as everybody seems to shave their heads Smile

Regards Topcat