Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Seen a Bad Hairpiece
05-06-2013, 04:53 PM,
Just Seen a Bad Hairpiece
Hi,
On my way to work this morning,and there was a guy walking 20-30 metres away and you can spot the piece.I know we can discuss at length this issue of dectectability,but this was so obvious it would be embarrasing.These are the factors that i believe made it obvious :-

1.He was an older guy probably about 60,and the hair was totally black,coloured black without any grey.I think grey is very realistic as you get older on the piece.

2.Very high density,looked like a helmet.Correct density is important depending on your age,less is more.

3.Unnatural looking hairline.Looked like it was drawn with a marker pen.I think a lace hairline correctly applied can be pretty much undectable .

4.Back of the piece near the nape of the neck the hair curled up and out,not back into the neck,or flat to the neck

I havent posted this thread to make fun of this guy at all,just wished he could have access to the kind of pieces we have access to,and information from forums like this.

Regards Topcat
05-13-2013, 02:33 PM,
RE: Just Seen a Bad Hairpiece
I to had a friend about 65 years old and you could spot the bad hairpiece a mile away. Like you mentioned a TOTAL pitch black hairpiece. It was actually the only black hair on him. Beard and eyebrows were white. The density must of been 200%. Like you it did not even look like hair until you actually got close enough to see that it was hair and not a helmet. I was so embarrased for him. Does he or his wife not notice?. Anyways then went in for my monthly maintenance and started talking with my stylist and found out he was a client of my stylist. I found out that the stylist had to fight tooth and nail to get him to lower the density a little. He actually orders his pieces so dense that it is impossible to see any of the scalp at all. Just to let you know , I actually came very close to telling him discretely that he should add grey, lighten up on the black and cut the density about 60%. Just my opinion.
05-13-2013, 03:24 PM,
The funny thing was, the guy i mention above was rocking the piece,he must have had heaps of confidence,or maybe didn't care.

I mentioned this to to my stylist,she indicated she has older clients who will not drop density/add grey.Its a shame really,as there is no need to walk around with an obvious looking piece,with whats available today.

Regards Topcat
05-17-2013, 04:47 AM,
i just saw a terrible piece the other day. my god... poor guy. what is wrong with some peoples self perception? do they just not care? it was absolutely terrible.

makes you realize (hopefully not in complete self-delusion LOL) that you really only notice the bad systems.
05-17-2013, 06:41 AM,
I mean wearing a piece as obvious as this will not attract any female, the biggest human drive is to reproduce don't tell me a large part of wearing is not to a achieve this goal, sex,
but that to one side if it ever can be, the majority of folk are to nice to say anything,

surely these folk are walking on egg shells, boarding a crowded bus, shopping mall

yes I wear, and yes I understand why these guys wear, maybe they lost there hair and did a really obvious transition and thought hell everyone knows locally but I feel better.

I see woman with alopecia? Or diffuse hair loss and desperately want to say to them there's a answer to you're hell.

you could look great again, well not those exact words.

i just so want to help people in my position because i know the real difference it makes to you're life.

worst thing about wearing, outdated perception! of wigs! 70,s perception
05-17-2013, 07:45 AM,
Saw a guy at Walmart ...I had to look twice... No hair piece... but a perfected comb over/ up/ around / 2 or 3 layered hair style that had to take him hrs. to complete the illusion. It was in the top 5 for a combover but still noticeable. Like you I wanted to tell him, theres a better way.
05-20-2013, 07:08 AM,
I seen a terrible piece about 2 weeks ago. Fair credit to the guy he was owning the room and obviously either didn't care or thought it looked great, but I think this is our fear of wearing when we see guys like that.

I wear two partials and have been for a good while. Growing in the rest of my hair, but I will need to switch soonish as I'm thinning as well at the back of the end so use a little drop of nanogen/toppik.

I think the key to wearing is low density, add a few bits of grey/dull the hair if you are aging and also don't be afraid to shape the hairline. Some of the best pieces have a slight curve to the hairline or even be a receded NW2/3 hairline.

My friend is balding at the moment and he is paranoid about it. I don't want to say "Hey check this out" as it seems rude, but you can tell it is bothering him. On very windy or rainy days he sometimes will wear a cap and it never comes off, can look odd at restaraunts or bars when he keeps it on for the whole day and if anything it draws you to think he is balding as why would you keep it on even to sleep if we are crashing at someone's house.
His hairstyle is grown in but swept to side with tons of hair gel.

Credit to him if he's happy, but I don't know if he is deep down, yet who's business is it for me to say to him that there are options out there which are great, cheaper and also give you the hairline you dream of not the side swept tucked in NW3/4 trying to sweep it into a NW1-2.

Anyhoos happy wearing folks!
05-20-2013, 10:20 AM,
Say something to him ....he will be glad you did when he sees how good he can look again !