Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a template-text comments added
09-18-2009, 08:53 AM,
Re: How to make a template-text comments added
Snipe Wrote:Actually that is the exact tape to use because it will not loose its shape in any condition.

This is also the tape many professionals use as well.

It's easy to see your hair when marking, just bad lighting for the pics is all.

BA and/or John will probably confirm this, but the templates are usually all folded up and shipped in an envelope to Chine, not stuck in boxes, that would be pretty darn expensive.

So, I'm with Xeon005 on this one. Though I rarely do a custom unit, I do make templates to use to cut in the stock units.
I put the plastic wrap on my head, draw the area out, then use clear tape, cello tape first (it's thinner) then a coat or two of clear shipping tape (thicker).

BTW, MB's video shows this perfectly.
EVERYONE (well, all new wearers) should get a couple of that

Smile
Fred
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM,
Yeah I fold it up and put it in a flat plain envelope.

That's the point with this tape you can do anything to it and it will retain it's original shape.
09-18-2009, 11:02 AM,
That's right--templates are folded when shipped to China. Boxes would be just too darn bulky and expensive.
Regards,
John
09-18-2009, 11:56 AM,
Oh i didnt know it was a special type of tape. I might as well try it. I always just use plain old tape. I always have a little trouble seeing the hair through the template when i tape it first, Not sure why. Maybe I am not working in the best lightening conditions. But I guess i was just suggesting for those who might have a little trouble seeing the hairline to trace out. It might be easier to trace it out before you tape. The way Mb does it in the video.
09-20-2009, 09:15 AM,
Good info Snipe. I'm working on some free informational resources for hair wearers and I might just shoot you an email to see if you are interested in sharing some of your knowledge.
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM,
Cool, you have my number call anytime.