Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for advice on my first hair system-pics
05-06-2013, 06:12 AM,
RE: Looking for advice on my first hair system
tkster

>>I'm obsessed with my research in finding the perfect piece for me! One day i'm all about swiss lace, next i'm 100% thin skin. I've probably made about 10 templates so far and still not sure lol. <<

Don't make yourself crazy over perfection, many of us have been at this for years, and still not perfect. Skin vs lace, either one will be fine, and whatever you go with, you will probly stick with it for awhile because you will feel confident with it. Many of us lace wearers are very curious about skins, but in all honesty, we are a bit timid about change. Hersute is going to try a skin for the first time...I am waiting for his review as his concerns have mirrored my own, so I will value what he has to say.

>>As for making a template, I've read a lot of options on technique. I read in one that it's best to make it over lap your current natural hair because it'll be easier to blend in, especially with short hair styles.<<

I wouldn't overlap because you will feel a ridge of the unit over your hair.

>>But then I've read in multiple other threads that its best to make the template smaller to leave a gap so you can stretch the piece in order to get a snug fit.<<

Well some pieces are stretchy.. others not so much. I think it is good to match the size to your recession and not plan on stretching it.

>> I feel like the template is the biggest factor in wearing a hair piece and i'm worried about how I should make it.<<

I know making the template is daunting at first. Watch the videos, it really isn't as bad as we make it out to be. You have to realize it is hair, its movable and can be cut and styled. Its not a plaster cast on your head. Many people with temple recessions wear without temple flaps and do fine. Don't get too hung up on them first time around. It just adds complications to the template, reattaching, etc. You can style without them, and see if you want them in your next unit. You will be ordering a second piece within a month anyway. At that point, you may want to adjust the hairline, and add flaps if you think you need them.

At least the template is something you can control, its getting a system back from the factory the way you like it/according to specs which are generally more concerning.

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for advice on my first hair system - wicky - 05-06-2013, 06:12 AM