Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for advice on my first hair system-pics
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM,
RE: Looking for advice on my first hair system
Thanks Anthony! That's awesome man, I'm glad to hear your in a better place. Hearing about your turn around and others like it, really makes me excited about taking this step and starting the journey.

Since I've convinced myself of wearing a piece; I've become increasingly more self conscious and embarrassed about my current situation. I feel like an idiot for not giving this a go years ago. I feel like I've missed out on a lot over the past few years.

I'm obsessed with my research in finding the perfect piece for me! One day i'm all about swiss lace, next i'm 100% thin skin. I've probably made about 10 templates so far and still not sure lol.

As for making a template, I've read a lot of options on technique. I read in one that it's best to make it over lap your current natural hair because it'll be easier to blend in, especially with short hair styles. But then I've read in multiple other threads that its best to make the template smaller to leave a gap so you can stretch the piece in order to get a snug fit. I feel like the template is the biggest factor in wearing a hair piece and i'm worried about how I should make it. I've included another pic to illustrate my planned template. Originally I was going to make the template around the patch of hair that extends into it a bit. However, I realized that that hair is thinning and soon to fall out so I might as well just shave it and work that space into the hair piece. I was also going to put on some side flaps but with my head shape and how my natural hair line was I think temples may be too much for me. As I mentioned, I used the hairline I created with courve to act as a guide line in making my template. Do you think that method is good?

Another question concerns the ever popular debate between thinskin and lace. I like the idea of a natural look and feel of thinskin but i'm worried about the hairline. It may be a complete non issue for my situation, but I still have my concerns. I plan on wearing my hair down, or kind of off to the side, so my hairline won't likely ever be in full sight. However, what If a big gust of wind comes along and exposes it for a second or say i'm watching a movie with a girl and I have my arm around her and her head on my shoulder.. if she's looking up at me and can see my hairline is she gonna spot it and out me? Is it really noticeable to the plane eye? I've only seen a couple pics of a thin skin hairline, and I'm still not sure what to expect. Is wearing a thinskin just asking to be exposed if ever someone was to see your hair line? If so it doesn't seem worth it.

I feel like there's a lot riding on making the right decision. I feel like I've wasted so much of my life dealing with hair loss and all the crap that comes with it, I just want to get a suitable piece and begin that phase of my life.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for advice on my first hair system - tkster95 - 05-05-2013, 07:35 PM