Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help and advice. (photos)
04-28-2013, 11:04 PM,
RE: Need some help and advice. (photos)
Yorkie?

Are you happy with your natural hair in your crown area?
From the pictures, where its damp and without any product, it looks perfectly good to me.
If you also think its ok, I don't think you should be considering covering over this area with a piece now or ever.
I think you only ever need a front partial for the area I've outlined below.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-28-2013, 11:14 PM,
Ditto what Hersute said.....Most of us would kill to have as much hair as you do. The more of your natural hair you can use the better off you are. It WILL look totally different on your head than it does in your hand.

PS.... If my hair looked as good as your real hair naturally does, I would send it back and get what you will be happy with. You still have a LOT of hair compared to most hair wearers. Im with Hersute, you only need a frontal hair piece to start with, your crown area looks fine.
04-29-2013, 12:00 AM,
My crown is pretty much ok to be honest, which is why I think maybe turning this into a partial would be better as has been suggested. I think i initially thought that i should replace the full top of my head because i saw somewhere on the forums that partial pieces that blend with the hair on the top of the head are harder to get looking natural because the hair generally (depending on how its styled) shouldn't lie entirely flat against the scalp and will be going in various directions in that area. whereas when blending with the back and sides all the hair is generally going in the same downwards direction with pretty much most styles so its easier to disguise the edge of the system against the natural hair.

I'm actually more than happy to keep my existing crown at least for now and go down this partial route if people think it's possible to get it looking good and should be easy enough to disguise the edge of the system on the top of the head. I like Hersute's idea and would probably look to go back to the thin part in the centre of my head in almost a diamond shaped piece to cover the area below.

This could actually be my best of both worlds solution if people think it would work?

Attached Files Image(s)

04-29-2013, 12:05 AM,
I think Yorkie should cut down and customise the piece he has to cover just the front area.
It will get him used to wearing,
it will look better and more consistent than his natural hairline
He won't have to worry about the piece shedding at the back or sides or rubbing on pillows.
His natural hair is in great shape and density to make integration/blend very easy
He'll save on glues and tapes
And after a short while of wearing, he'd know if he needed to make minor tweaks to his next order, which as John says, will come in time for when Yorkie wanted it.

Yorkie, I think you've ultimately found a better solution for your needs than your original idea was.
The area you've marked is the perfect area to wear a partial.
I believe you've actually made your wearing life easier for yourself doing it this way.
04-29-2013, 12:08 AM,
I cant comment on actually wearing a frontal piece as I ware a topper. Someone will respond as to how difficult it is to blend. No way would I shave my crown area if it looked as good as yours.
04-29-2013, 12:20 AM,
Nor me silverstreak.
I believe in using as much of your own natural hair as possible.
Yorkie's hairstyle (from the 1st pictures) is ideal for this as its mostly styled at the front anyway.
His natural hair will be brought forward and into the partial piece and I think blend perfectly.
He (or anyone else!) will still be able to run their hands through the sides/back without even a trace of a join.
If I had this option, I'd be really happy and jump at it!
04-29-2013, 03:30 AM,
Hey Yorke...go over to Northwest Lace forum. The 2nd post "Hairenoughs skin piece". Read what he did to solve his issues. Makes me want to try a skin piece !!
05-02-2013, 07:24 AM,
Thanks for all the help everyone

Just to finish this thread off I have discussed all these issues and possible solutions with my stylist over the last week and have decided that cutting a partial piece for the front third/half of my head will be the best way forward with all the factors considered.

I'm getting this system cut in on the 10th so fingers crossed it will work out well and the next thread i start will be me showing off how great my hair looks. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again and wish me luck!

Yorkie
05-02-2013, 07:56 AM,
Remember---- when cutting the lace----don`t cut down / through it........draw a sharp blade across the fabric, whist applying only light pressure....this will part the lace cleanly and leave the hair underneath it, intact. I use a Stanley blade if/when I need to trim /cut areas of lace.....I just mark a line on the lace and then slide the blade-tip across the line rather than down through the fabric...it comes away easily/cleanly. Best of luck with it...hope it`s all you desire !
05-02-2013, 08:30 AM,
yeah front partial and youll be extatic,
don't wory to much about how it looks, I know its easier seid, but really no ones gives a dam,
there busy getting on with life. when system hair looks as good as todays, hell do it.

that is a drawback of forums according to my hairdresser, folk can get fixated on hair,
perfection ect.

just had my latest system cut in, fri 26 april,2013 system +bond+ cut in £250.00

btw great photos! great lighting angles ect well done!!!