Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wanted to say thanks :)
10-02-2013, 11:36 AM,
RE: Just wanted to say thanks :)
Hi Mender, I have a question for you. I am also into acting and am wondering what you do in terms of the hair and makeup department. (Since wearing I've been too nervous to act and have been focusing on video production - cinematography and stuff). For any role on any set they put makeup on you. I've found that they tend to do a base coat on your face to reduce shine and even skin tones, while doing this coat I notice the usually push back your hair at the hairline and put makeup into the first half inch or so of the hairline. Is this a problem while wearing? I fear they would A: Accidentally peel back the lace a bit unless I have a rockstar attachment and see that I'm wearing or B: put makeup into the lace making it easy to see the lace.

Have you run into issues there? I also know that between takes the makeup person will frantically run onto the set to fix your hair if it has any fly-aways or moved weird in the last take. Seems like you constantly have someone's fingers in your hair or a comb running through it. Before the shoot they also tend to style your hair. Do you just have to tell them before hand that you wear? I just feel it would be impossible to hide it. Not to mention all the extreme close-ups under harsh lighting. Obviously famous actors can get away with it because they hire a personal assistant for hair and makeup... but for less known actors what issues do you run into? Thanks so much! I've literally stopped acting because of wearing! But I love acting and want to start back up!

Messages In This Thread
Just wanted to say thanks :) - Mender - 04-26-2013, 03:10 AM
RE: Just wanted to say thanks :) - bamac22 - 04-26-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Just wanted to say thanks :) - Mender - 10-02-2013, 08:42 AM
RE: Just wanted to say thanks :) - Hair Scare - 10-02-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: Just wanted to say thanks :) - Jackal - 10-03-2013, 03:02 AM