Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3/4 Cap not working out
04-23-2013, 11:14 AM,
3/4 Cap not working out
I think the best knowledge I've learned from hairwearing is to keep as much of your own real hair as possible. And I've tried it all now, partial, fullcap and 3/4 cap.

I'm wearing a 3/4 cap and its a pain. I tried styling comb down style, and got busted for the first time in 7 years. Since then I've gone to a spikey style and its ok.

But I've decided to go back to the partial, so im growing my hair back underneath. But this gives me a "puffy" look at the back, but I'm sucking it up for another month...when my own hair will be around an inch again.

The best pieces are those that look imperfect, for this reason im considering a hair transplant this year.

What have been the best knowledge you've gained from wearing over the years?
04-23-2013, 11:58 AM,
RE: 3/4 Cap not working out
How did you come to get busted?
04-23-2013, 02:30 PM,
3/4 cap was the best thing in the world for me! I'm sorry that it didnt work out for you.

I leave about 1/2" of my own hair all the way around and it looks great. Looks natural since you can see my own hair at the temples/sides. The only draw back is how stupid it looks when I dont have it on with that strip of hair all the way around my head. God help me if I ever get hospitalized without the cap on!
04-23-2013, 02:47 PM,
I've been wearing a 3/4 cap for about 4 years and love it. It's all about getting the design right. i experimented with several templates before nailing it.
04-24-2013, 03:00 AM,
spartan,

Think long and hard concerning hair transplants... I've been there and done that by one of the best in the biz and I can tell you that ht's can look very natural but the problem is one of density.

Because you have tried full cap and 3/4 cap I'm assuming your side and back hair is thin and possibly receded in the temple points and nape of the neck. If this is the case you may be able to achieve a thin coverage on top and a hairline to frame your face. If you are under the impression that you can achieve even close to the results (of density) with ht's compared to a piece you will be VERY disappointed.

I don't have anything to gain by posting this I just want to warn potential hair transplant patients of the pitfalls that I have endured. There is a reason why you see so many ht clients on these forums.

Oh and btw I've had all of my 4 ht's done in past 7 years (approx. 5,000 grafts) with the most up to date technology. Sometimes people post negatively concerning ht's when they had them done like 20 years ago which in my opinion isn't relevant to the technology available today.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have concerning ht's.
04-24-2013, 06:49 AM,
I think i remember u from before spartan. U tried a full cap which looked great but had terrible itching at the nape,correct?I can see how a 3/4 cap could be busted due to matching of your real sides with the piece sides. I think the best systems are worn by celebrities as they can get them from master wigmakers who are usually better ventilators than the factories in China. Unfortunately we cant affoard those but our pieces(partials and full caps) are at about 90% which is not bad given the huge cost savings.
I would not recommend transplants to u unless you commit to a lifetime of propecia and meet some transplant patients in person. Iv researched this too and guys say that the density in photos can be very deceptive compared to when u meet these people in real life
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM,
I got busted because the piece looked thick. I was wearing a comb down style without too much product. I've been wearing a long time and to me it didn't look thick, but that was the comment by the woman who busted me. She wears a wig, she is a very loud person...so it was embarrassing. It made me realise the best pieces are those that are thin, and if a hair transplant is thin..then I could buzz it down.

I'm now back to a spikey style, but I need to put tons of product in to make it look decent. That way if the hairline isn't perfect, people assume it is gel not glue at the hairline.

I'm growing my hair under the 3/4 cap so its uncomfortable. I'll post some pics when I get the chance. At the end of May, I'll get the 3/4 cap cut back to a partial when my hair is 1 inch.

Yep ardmore, I had bad itching at the nape with a fullcap...but it did look very good.
04-25-2013, 03:48 AM,
Porcupine,

Who was your doctor? Did you have Fut or fue? I've been thinking about getting front done with hairpiece behind so I don't have to worry about exposed hairline and visible lace. Btw does anyone have a good routine for hiding lace hairline? I find that at certain angles lighting can reveal the lace.
04-25-2013, 07:15 AM,
Mork,

Ron Shapiro in MN did all of my procedures and is an excellent surgeon. I had all FUT because when I started out with the procedures FUE was new on the scene so I didn't completely trust it. FUE is a proven science now but since I already had the scar from the first surgery there was no reason to switch to FUE, you get more bang for the buck with FUT.

I don't wear yet and because i do have a nice hairline I'm planning on attempting wearing behind it like you want to.

I think in your case (just replacing the hairline) FUE is a good choice and I would recommend Shapiro. My warnings about ht's are strictly for people who are looking to replace large area's of bald scalp, the density just doesn't work but for the hairline only it's a sound choice.

I guess the rub is not knowing how a piece behind the hairline would blend because it would be a hell of a thing to spend $12,000 (2,000 FUE grafts) to then find that it just doesn't work.
04-25-2013, 07:27 AM,
I'm thinking of dr rahal. I was looking at this result. This guys head looks very similar to my head. The result is quite amazing. I was quoted 20000 for 2500 fue grafts and 18600 for 5000 Fut graphs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6zZMAoau...ata_player

Of course the risk is will your results be as good?