Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinning a thin skin
04-18-2013, 04:11 AM,
Thinning a thin skin
I recently was reading a post about a thin skin unit and someone mentioned wetting the hair to pluck hairs out. I was thinking of getting a stock skin unit for a partial but the 65% density would be a bit high, so was thinking about plucking hairs to lower the density a bit. Could anyone confirm if this is possible?

Thanks in advance
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM,
RE: Thinning a thin skin
It's possible. You just have to be careful with the ultra thin skin as it can easily tear.
04-18-2013, 07:27 AM,
Great news. Even though it would probably be a damn tedious job. It would just be the normal thin skin stock, not ultra. Cheers
04-18-2013, 10:40 AM,
You might consider using product , like a gel , silicone oil , something along these lines to create a sorta wet look , maybe making the scalp visible .....until the unit begins to shed naturally which it will eventually especially if it's V-looped.

johnny
04-22-2013, 07:50 AM,
Thanks for the replies. I've decided to play it safe and wait to get a custom again, around 60%. I wear a light density at the moment (50-55%) so I think jumping to 65% stock would mean a hell of a lot of plucking! Cheers