Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help with my first skin piece
04-10-2013, 02:51 AM,
Need some help with my first skin piece
Hi, well, I'm back active on the forum, going to be doing some more work with the Info Sticky.

And it needs to be updated with latest skin info.

Also, after going with only swiss since I started wearing I wanted to give the skin piece a try. So now it is I who needs some help.

I just got it and have a couple questions.

1. What temp glue can I use safely on this without damaging the skin? (ie like which Got2B is what I am looking for here or equivalent)
2. Am I to do anything with the name tag in the back, looks like it is there permanently?
3. Any other skin pointers are appreciated.

I'll post up a new thread with pics once attach and cut in.

Thanks for any comments.
04-10-2013, 08:39 AM,
RE: Need some help with my first skin piece
I've been using all Supertape on my swiss but I have my old Cool Piece white glue for anything lasting.

G2B will be good for the one night at the last minute attach or with visor.

Good points though, very good points.
04-10-2013, 05:46 PM,
I use G2B glued on my ultra thin skin (0.03) and get a solid 2-day hold. I would rather spend 10-12 minutes for de/re every other day than an hour plus every week dealing with glues, solvents, mirror slides, soaking and all that headache. One of the main selling points of thin skin for me was the quick and easy attachment with virtually no cleanup...but different strokes for different folks.
04-11-2013, 09:31 AM,
Yeah, Those lace days are long gone for me, as for the G2b attachment all you really need is a tube of G2B glued, your bathroom mirror and 2 minutes to apply and press the system down...ALL done in the shower. I don't see how would that be such a hassle.
04-11-2013, 11:01 AM,
First day with the 03 skin and got 2b.
04-15-2013, 07:51 AM,
This might sound really stupid but how do u attach thin skin using got2b glued (step by step guide) iv ruined 2 pieces n still can't get it to stick, when i try it..its shows a white line between the piece and my head. Can someone please help me
04-16-2013, 02:35 AM,
Skin pieces are the only way to go imho. I have one all skin , and I also have a skin piece with a french lace front. I attach with gtbg, but I also use a strip of tape in the front and back, just for some extra hold.
04-28-2013, 02:06 AM,
to ibetalot!

a skin with a lace infront?
this sounds innovative?

how does tht work and can you post any pics please?
how abt the area where the skin meets lace? any durability issue?

wht is ur overall experience? kindly share your thoughts.

thankxx
04-30-2013, 01:18 AM,
Been wearing this about 10 times now just for a day when I need a quick attachment with Got2b.

Def have to let G2B dry completely before attaching.

Overall, working out pretty good for my use.

Less detectable to the touch than any other piece I have had.

Took a minute to recall all my old glue methods, I have been all SuperTape for 5 years now.