Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome shampoo for dried, dull hair.
03-23-2013, 04:55 AM,
Awesome shampoo for dried, dull hair.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a product I tried this week that brought my 5 month old stock piece back to just about new. My hair was so dry, flat and dull. Tried lotions, serums, pomades, conditioners, on and on. None gave it that soft manageable feel when new. Was at local CVS and picked up a bottle of Nexxus Pro Mend shampoo. To me, this stuff is FANTASTIC. My hair is so soft and has so much shine as well as looks so full, everybody has complemented me on how good my hair looks this week. Seems very easy on hair as well. Have shampooed it a bit more times than usual this week and it just looks great. So I would give it a try if your hair seems dry and dull.
03-23-2013, 05:14 AM,
RE: Awesome shampoo for dried, dull hair.
Hey eric,
I remember reading your posts when i first looked into hair wearing.U go to Didi,right?Just wondering how the experience has been for you overall?How have friends and family from before reacted to your new hair?Im still in the stage of wondering if it will work out and how natural systems can look in real life. Im sure you can relate to this.
Thanks a lot!
03-23-2013, 05:32 AM,
Hey Ardmore, yes I do still go to Didi for my cut ins and periodic maintence. When first started wearing was going every two weeks or so. Was getting a bit expensive but gradually learned to de/re bond and clean on my own and now only go in every other month or so for some cut and color.

Friends and family have been great, I wore a baseball cap for so many years that not too many people besides close friends and family saw me without it. I have been lying though and have told friends I got a hair transplant, lol. Some said no way, so have let them pull hair apart to see scalp and they believe it, haha. But otherwise, transition has been great all around. Can finally go out with confidence and not have to worry about how being bald looks. Added benefit is the 15 years it took off my looks. Are you still on the fence bout wearing? Dude, just do it, you will not regret it.
03-25-2013, 08:23 AM,
Thanks for the reply.
Im glad to hear it was a smooth transition for you. My biggest fear is that it will look like a wig as im sure everyone has gone through. I will have to start wearing though as id look awful bald.
Glad to hear things are working out for u
03-25-2013, 01:16 PM,
EricInNY, Not to put you on the spot, but do you have uploaded any photos of yourself here? I live in NYC, had a consultation with DiDi a few months back (she's very nice), but haven't taken the plunge yet. Thanks!
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM,
Hey Bangless- Not sure how to post the pics but they are in these threads. These were my first system pics, on my 4th one now, wear it a bit different, more spiked/pushed up in front. But you can get an idea of how it came out. Advice for you-Just go for it, no regrets.

If link does not work for some reason just click my name and view threads, pics are in Oct-nov 2011 posts. Hope that helps.

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4912&page=3
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4918&page=2
03-30-2013, 11:17 AM,
Hi - is this the same thing?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nexxus-Pro-Mend-...906&sr=8-4

It says Nexxus Pro-mend shampoo split ends.

Thanks for your help

Best Wishes

Deano
04-01-2013, 01:11 AM,
Eric,

Thanks for sharing this info. I found this at a grocery store yesterday and noticed it has sulfate listed as an ingredient. I've heard that sulfates are not good to use on processed hair. Obviously, your experience has been good thus far with the shampoo. I am wondering though about the affect of it after long term use.

Anyone out there have thoughts about this?

John
04-06-2013, 04:46 PM,
Deano59- That's exactly the shampoo.

Encouraged-I agree with Southernguy. When I first started wearing I purchased overpriced just for system hair shampoo. Experienced shedding, color loss, etc. Started buying regular Pantene and then tried various Nexxus shampoos (which is a bit more money than Pantene) and actually noticed less hair shedding and color loss so sticking with them. Tried the Promend a couple weeks ago and stuff is fantastic at making hair soft and shiny.
04-07-2013, 12:41 AM,
Eric, I'll give it a try and appreciate you recommending it.
I've read quite a few previous posts (two different websites) about avoiding shampoo products which contain sulfates. I realize there are lots of people who share things they believe to be true and have good intentions. I just wonder where the anti-sulfate thing came from. Seeing is believing so I'll give the promend product a try. Thanks again.