Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2b Glued Regular vs Ultra
03-22-2013, 08:38 AM,
Got2b Glued Regular vs Ultra
I've been using the Ultra version for a few months and love it but I noticed that in bright light the Ultra had a shimmer or a reflective look to it. It hasn't been a problem because I haven't been outside much because it was winter.

Today I noticed I had a tube of regular Got2be and tried it. At first I thought is wasn't going to work because it was white vs clear but it went clear shortly after putting it on. In the sun there was no shimmer or reflection so it's my opinion that the regular would be better for the hair line. I will try the regular for a few days let let you know how the hold is compared to the Ultra....

Lee
03-22-2013, 05:01 PM,
RE: Got2b Glued Regular vs Ultra
--- Update ------

I don't think the regular holds as good as the ultra, it's less shiny but I was able to pull on the front tonight and it came up real easy yet the sides and back with ultra wouldn't budge. I will continue to use ultra everywhere but where the hair is the thinnest on the front/top.
03-23-2013, 02:49 AM,
Has anyone compared the two? Any comments? I just used the regular again on the front only any it lifted easily when I styled. I put on ultra and it wouldn't move!
03-23-2013, 04:34 AM,
I pretty much only use Got2b for attaching these days. The only time I go to tape or glue is if going on vacation or long weekend away. Find it so easy as far as attaching and cleaning.

I have tried the ultra glue and for me I much prefer the white spiking glue. Never got a decent hold from the ultra. I have also tried mixing the two with a little freezing spray and still always like the spiking glue the best. I agree with you as far as front hairline lifting with the spiking glue but now right before attaching I use (not sure of name) a tiny brush, came with some supplies I bought, metal handle, and dip brush in spiking glue and just go over hairline right before attaching, wait a minute and press down with comb. I get good hold with no lifting. Also I put a baseball cap on my head for bout 10 minutes till everything sets then remove and style and I am good for bout 2 days.
04-10-2013, 08:35 AM,
Hey found this thread and I am going to give the G2B Spiking glue a try for my first skin piece.
04-10-2013, 08:57 AM,
Update: for me the Ultra hold better but the regular has less shine, so I use both.

In the mean time I found something else out with GTB. There are times that I find it just doesn't hold as well as it has in the past and I starting trying to figure out why and it came to me... I was light misting the inside portion of the lace (in my case full cap) with water to help me position it easier as a newby, well as I got better I stopped spraying the water and it turns out that's way I wasn't getting the hold I was used to.

So for me, I get a stronger hold, especially around the edges when I spray the inside with water. This could be caused by waiting too long and the G2B is drying out. I hate putting it on when it's too wet because it makes more of a mess on the lace. So I'm back to spraying some water!