Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing my natural hair colour from dark brown to the blonde
03-28-2013, 04:54 AM,
Changing my natural hair colour from dark brown to the blonde
Hi Everyone,
Im looking for some information, maybe you might know the answer?
i have naturally dark brown hair, i wear a topper which is an exact match in color (color #2).

however i am thinking of coloring my hair to a blondish colour. can anybody advise what would be the most effective way of doing this?

Should I order a blonde piece and then, color my own hair to try and match the piece, or could i color my dark brown piece and my own dark hair blondish at the same time.

any suggestions and info would be greatly appreciated

thank you
03-28-2013, 06:15 AM,
RE: Changing my natural hair colour from dark brown to the blonde
It's not as simple as applying a blonde coloring to dark hair. Instead, you must permanently bleach the dark color out of your hair to convert to blonde. But as it grows out, the roots will be your dark natural brown. That means that to maintain your own hair to match the system (which will not have dark roots), you'll need to repeatedly bleach your own hair as it grows out. Eventually your own hair will grow weaker due to all the bleaching. I'm sure you've seen women who bleach their hair too much.

As for your hair system, bleaching the hair weakens it tremendously too. If you're certain you want to do this, the system should probably be purchased blonde to start with.

Overall a bad idea, really. But if you're intent on becoming a blonde, you could always use a blonde full cap system instead of a partial piece. Shave your own hair off, and you have no maintenance issues other than periodic service to the full cap.
03-28-2013, 06:22 AM,
thanks for your feedback. anybody got any other solutions?
04-02-2013, 05:12 AM,
thanks southernguy, when i say blondish i mean i want it to be a darkish blonde