Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping White glues - UK wearer
03-26-2013, 10:16 AM,
Shipping White glues - UK wearer
Hi guys, I've had a check of the forums but cant really find an answer to my question. apologies if this has been asked before.

I'm in the UK and am going to order my supplies of tapes, glues, etc. ready for my first system to arrive in around a months time. My intention is to try as many glues and tapes as possible to begin with to see what works best for me and several white glues/water based glues are on my list.

I've seen it said many times, particularly about ORWG that it can go off in transit due to the cold temperatures it gets exposed to and so its best not to order this from the US or anywhere overseas if I'm in the UK. my question is does this same rule apply to all white glues or water based glues? some of the ones I'm keen to try (based on the reviews) are ghost bond and NX-Gen unifying agent. Both are sold by hairdirect and although they have a UK store on their website I'm concerned this is just to simply convert the price of products into GBP as opposed to US dollars etc but in fact the products will still be shipped from the US. is this right? does anyone have any experience of this? If this is the case can anyone recommend a good UK supplier of these products?

ORWG seems to be fairly inexpensive but both Ghost bond and NX-Gen are more expensive and the last thing i want to do is spend money, plus shipping, on products that are totally unusable by the time they are delivered to me.

Any advice on this would be most welcome.

Yorkie
03-26-2013, 01:39 PM,
RE: Shipping White glues - UK wearer
I am in UK too, I have never bought any glue from abroad so cannot comment on that but what I can say is why don't you buy the glue, tapes etc from UK?

They are all available on ebay and are cheap too so there will be no worrying about them going off.

ORWG is cheap comparing to Ghost Bond & Ultra Hold, but Ultra Hold definitely gives you stronger and longer hold. If you are a new wearer I would recommend ORWG as its less messy and much easier to clean.

Hair Direct are based in USA so anything you buy of them will be shipped from USA.
03-27-2013, 04:45 AM,
ORWG is the sensitive one and if ordering from abroad it's best to order in spring/summer/autumn when it isn't freezing. I've ordered ghost bond and a few other white glues such as safe grip from half way around the world and never had a problem with those.

Keep in mind that Ultrahold has known toxic chemicals in it. Repeated exposure to Toulene is not good.
03-27-2013, 07:37 AM,
Yorkie82----`Traksafe` is a white [water-based] glue and I used to use it a lot ...extremely strong and normal clean-up..... I ` found` it courtesy of a salon, who used it on all their clients, for lace and poly systems...... It`s a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way.... and gives a long-term hold. I `ve only found one UK -based site which sells it...if you`re interested, drop me a mail [click my user-name -- address is on my profile] and I`ll send you the link.
The Hairdirect people have opened a European distribution hub, based in Holland, and all products ship from there for Europe and UK . I recommend you order a citrus solvent too, as many of the glues are ` stubborn` and Alcohols are not strong enough to give you a fast clean-up.... C-22 is available from Hairdirect and that will save you a lot of hassle when you`re removing residues....just release your system with [alcohol] Lace-release, making sure not to ` force` the system off..allow the lace-release a few moments to break the bond, then gently remove your system...if you meet any ` resistance`--just spray on more lace-release. Then, to deal with the residue on your scalp, pop a sweat-band on/around your head, spray on your Citrus solvent, and allow at least 5 minutes for it to attack your residue....then wipe off with paper towel.....give your scalp a wipe-over with a cotton -pad soaked in alcohol, then shower /shampoo your growing hair as normal. If you want the link, just mail me ..regards.
03-29-2013, 09:23 PM,
Thank for the info guys.

Paul, i've sent you an e-mail. cheers.