Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming and Surfing
03-26-2013, 08:09 AM,
Swimming and Surfing
Hi,
Im looking for advice on what products to use for best attachment for surfing and swimming? the system i use is an a french lace topper.
thank you for your information and time in responding
regards
tyler
03-28-2013, 02:34 AM,
RE: Swimming and Surfing
Hi tylerdurdan,

I wear a French lace piece too. Believe me when I say I've tried just about every type of tape and glue available on the market. When swimming, and hanging out on a hot, windy beach or being extremely active, I always rely on a full scalp bond using Blue Liner tape for maximum hold.

I've used it for riding on roller coasters, being on the beach in the heat and sun, swimming, white-water rafting, and in just about every other situation you'd worry about your bond loosening or lifting without any problems.

It always provides the best hold in difficult situations. Just don't leave it bonded too long without doing a cleanup and reattachment or the tape will break down and be hard to get out of the lace. If that happens, use the mirror slide to take care of removing the gooey residue.

Hope this helps!
03-28-2013, 04:47 AM,
thanks rscout
i have never used tape before, i always use a full scalp bond using "ghostbond" glue. i always have to use a mirrorslide. can you tell me is the clean up with tape easier? does it leave a residue on the scalp or the piece? and how long a bond can you achieve with the blue liner tape?
thank you
03-29-2013, 11:56 AM,
The Blue Liner holds better than anything else and for me is a lot easier to work with than drippy, stringy glue, but that's a personal preference. I get up to 2 weeks with it, and could probably go a bit longer than that, but by then the adhesive on the tape has gone gooey from absorbing the oil from my scalp. Once the Blue Liner starts to breaks down it does leave a sticky residue on your scalp and in the lace too, but since you're already familiar with the mirror slide it shouldn't be any harder to clean up than what you're already used to.

The kind of bond you get with any tape or glue is a very personal thing and varies according to each individual's skin chemistry. Generally, most people agree that Blue Liner provides the longest, strongest bond of any tape and highly recommend it for for those qualities, but the only way to really know how it compares to the bond and cleanup you're now getting with Ghostbond is to get some, try it out, and make your own comparison.

One important thing to note is that tape doesn't look quite as good at the hairline as glue does, but for me, I prefer the security of the hold that Blue Liner provides over having an undetectable hairline when I'm being active.