Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Product for longer hair (photos)
03-20-2013, 06:39 AM,
Product for longer hair (photos)
Do any of you have a longer style like these pictures? This is what I'm trying to do and without any product the hair is just really dry... but when I use product it seems to end up either greasy or crispy.... I know there are tons of threads about products, and maybe I'm not finding the right ones, but they are GREAT products for shorter styles (which I started with) but it seems to be a whole different demon with longer hair that you want to move and appear as if it has no product at all. Any help would be great thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

03-20-2013, 08:03 AM,
RE: Product for longer hair
I wear my hair similar to the middle picture, when I don't wear if brushed back. I use a comb in type conditioner throughout and a bit of brylcream or pomade on the back and sides.

A trick I use is to put a little bit of the conditioner on a metal comb and just comb it through while styling, with a blow dryer on low heat. Comes out dry looking, yet not dried out.
03-20-2013, 04:23 PM,
I've tried Brylcreem and it worked great for short hair, but I must not be using it right for long hair... always makes it too crispy and even after you "break" the crisp, the hair doesn't have any natural movement. I haven't tried shine serum. I'll have to give that a shot! Is it a leave in conditioner type thing?
03-20-2013, 07:45 PM,
I like to wear my hair "natural", that is to say without a lot of product of any kind in the hair, like the pictures show.

The best product I've found to get this look is Got2b Smooth Operator Lustre Lotion. It's a lightweight silicone based formula that isn't heavy or greasy but adds just enough body to help tame fly-aways. It does an excellent job of sealing moisture into the hair, leaving it soft and manageable — never crunchy.

I squirt a little bit of it into my palm, then rub my hands together and apply it to slightly damp hair. It also contains sunscreen. You can find it in the hair care section at most drug stores, Target, Wal-Mart, etc., or from online retailers... Great product !!!

Attached Files Image(s)

03-21-2013, 02:40 AM,
Thanks, I'm going to give this a try. I'm going for a bit more length on my next one.
03-21-2013, 03:08 AM,
Just picked up some of the Lustre Lotion the other night..seems to be a well recommended product. Haven't tried it yet. I also use Brylcreem..it doesn't leave my hair crunchy.. seems to keep it soft and adds a bit of a shine.
03-21-2013, 03:15 AM,
Oooh these are super helpful suggestions! Thanks guys! Also, not related, but where do you guys buy ORWG? Is it a brand name? I've been using other glues but really want to try ORWG but have NO idea where to find it.... (and searching "ORWG" gets like a billion results... haha)
03-21-2013, 07:12 AM,
Hair Scare....

ORWG..........ebay has it !

johnny/abq
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM,
Thanks! Here I was wasting my time on amazon and wig supply sites... ebay all along....
03-21-2013, 10:00 AM,
ORWG = Oil Resistant White Glue. Not a brand name but a generic term/acronym. It's an improved version of white glue that is somewhat resistant to scalp and forehead skin oils.