Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Competiton
03-14-2013, 12:07 AM,
Competiton
Just wondering for some neutral feedback between TL and HD! Quality, strength, look, endurance, etc etc! So much to learn and seek out for a newbie! Especially for a full cap of long hair!
03-14-2013, 12:20 AM,
RE: Competiton
Don't mean to be hard on a newcomer, but this forum is hardly the place to ask that question, given that it is owned and paid for by Toplace.
03-14-2013, 05:34 AM,
I happen to know that HD are getting a lot of complaints at the moment because they're not fulfilling their orders and people have been left waiting ages.
03-14-2013, 05:53 AM,
Hd's prices are among the highest of the DIY hair system companies. I love them for their massive range of supplies though, and nothing more. Customer service is very very slow in my experience. Any time I've emailed them I usually get no reply until I email again and then it takes them a few days to a week to respond. I've never bought hair from them so I can't comment on the quality and if it's worth the high price.
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM,
One of the reasons HD is more expensive is they have an incredible money back guarantee for ANY reason, even after you have it cut and styled. I noticed first hand the less expensive places do not stand behind their work period.
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM,
Despite the high price I get the impression that HD pieces suffer from similar flaws to those that the cheaper companies (TL included) experience; I base this over what I've read on the HD forum and other forums. Occasionally ventilation being wrong, dryer/more brittle hair, order delays and so on..factory based problems pretty much. As lee mentioned, you're really paying for a good guarantee and a little bit of hand holding (but nothing you couldn't find here or on another forum).. If I had to choose between the two it'd be TL without a doubt.
03-14-2013, 09:46 PM,
A money back guarantee is all well and good, but surely most people don't want their money back, they want a piece they can wear.
I've read countless times that John (TL) will send things back to rectify issues to get the customer what they want.
03-15-2013, 05:01 AM,
John is pretty good at getting things fixed and being fair when it comes to problems. As Hersute said, most people are more concerned in their piece being right. Sending a piece that's unwearable and then offering to send it back to the factory for a free re-do means the customer is hairless or stuck with an old wrecked piece for months as they wait. I have lost thousands trying to get out of dilemas when a customs comes back wrong when I've had to buy emergency stocks, pay for rush orders (which have never been faster than usual from any company I've used) and buying extra pieces that still come back wrong. So a few times I've had free replacements but when they also come back wrong they all go in the bin anyway because at the end of the day I need wearable hair on my head, not a money back offer.
03-15-2013, 07:20 AM,
You're all correct. I had more 'bad' orders than good with HD and I was darn grateful for the money back guarantee when they just couldn't get things right. And it was a huge pain to be without while they reordered a replacement so I learned to order two at a time hoping one would be good enough. Most times you really don't know how bad they are until they are cut in.

I'm of the opinion, right or wrong, HD is a new wearers best friend until they are educated and comfortable enough to look for cheaper and less friendly companies. HD's WEB site is awesome and has tons of valuable information and products including their free head mold kits. Something I haven't seen with any other company, not even close! Most hair WEB sites have very little to no information on how to order, examples or anything to give a new wearer a warm and fuzzy feeling. Of course all this comes at a price. I think most hair sites should learn from HD's site and at least try and raise to their level and quality.

Lee

Also, I REALLY love that HD trims the excess lace off for me! I know that's trivial but I really don't understand why I/we should have to trim it!
03-15-2013, 08:36 AM,
Lee, it because some people like to leave a bit of extra lace at the front and some like to trim it right back to the hairs.