Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crown question for skin unit
03-12-2013, 04:27 AM,
Crown question for skin unit
Hey all. I know there have been skin threads everywhere lately, but I can't find a solid answer for this since I'm thinking of trying thin skin out. I wear a comb forward style, but would you suggest having the factory put a crown in? it sounds like direction of the hair is harder to change if it is injected, so will it be hard to make my own crown like I've had to do with lace? I know the factory tends to put the crown too high on the head, which I hate... just trying to figure out the most natural way to approach this and get it right the first time. Thanks!
03-12-2013, 05:33 AM,
RE: Crown question for skin unit
Mark where you want the crown on your template and include directional arrows to show which way you want the natural swirl to go.
Remember and stipulate that this is where you want the crown to be placed!
03-13-2013, 01:24 AM,
Yes mark on the crown. With skin you can't really just opt out of having a crown and then make one yourself. You can't do that with skin. I love the crown on my skin unit. It looks a lot more realistic than any lace crown I've had.
03-14-2013, 03:44 AM,
Thanks! Ok I was pretty sure I would need to put it in. Would you suggest sending a picture of the look I'm going for so they can ventilate it according to the style?
03-14-2013, 05:51 AM,
You could do that yes, it won't hurt. I mark the hair direction on the emplate itself, showing which direction the hairs should come out of the crown and the precise crown location. It works well for me. And you can fine tune the density of the crown if you want a very slightly thinning look by plucking out just a few hairs in that area after softening the area with warm water.
03-15-2013, 08:34 AM,
Hey hairenough,
Just wondering if u have ever posted pics of your skin units here?U seem like a very experienced wearer.Would be great to see the crown on your skin unit.
03-16-2013, 04:52 AM,
I've never posted pics of any of my systems, no. I keep meaning to post some scalp shots and hairline shots to show people what the thin skin systems look like but I never get round to it.