Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
couple of questions about piece
03-11-2013, 11:56 PM,
couple of questions about piece
Hey everyone

I've been wearing since august last year and its helped me immensely, certainly given me a new lease of life.

However I do have some questions.

I wear a topper at about 55% density.Each piece that I have had starts to get very sparse towards the back of the piece within a couple of months.I do not currently use a knot sealer, I know this would help with shedding but is that entirely the issue? It always seems to me that the piece is a little thinner at the back and isn't consistent in density from front to back even when brand new.

At first the piece looks great but quite suddenly I get noticeable 'bald' patches.

I'm looking to get a higher density next time around so hopefully that will help improve matters.

Does anyone have any other advice? I feel that i may be missing a part of the whole system care routine (other than knot sealer).
Would knot sealer completely solve the issue?

thanks very much everyone.
03-12-2013, 09:12 AM,
RE: couple of questions about piece
If this is the case then I would imagine wearing a hat and a hood may also cause this?
03-12-2013, 09:28 AM,
Did you see this thread?
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5684
03-12-2013, 10:05 AM,
Thanks Hersute, I didnt see that thread.

The picture the guy posted is almost exactly the same as how my system has gone,I do wear a hat fairly regularly and a hood fairly often too because it gets pretty cold.

So it would seem i need satin pillow cases and I shouldn't wear a hat and i need a knot sealer?

Hersute I assume you do not get anything like this happening to your pieces?

I've also noticed when cleaning the system that stray hairs that are still attached have been pulled through to the underside of the system if you know what i mean? How can i stop that or is that just bound to happen?
03-12-2013, 10:43 AM,
Pull through is a bad problem.
It usually happens because you haven't given the lace/tape glue dissolver long enough to work properly.
Also, when you wash the piece, rinse it through with the lace side upwards to keep the hairs going in the right direction.

I have had premature shedding and pull through, both in one piece bought from a different supplier.
The piece only lasted a month.
On the second piece from the same supplier I used a knot sealer and its been perfectly fine.
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM,
Yeah...dont ware hats or hoodies... to much friction going on.
03-13-2013, 01:37 AM,
The density is pretty low to begin with so as soon as it starts shedding things will look sparse very fast. And for some unknown (to me) reason, a lot of hair system factories make the top and back of the lace units a lot less dense than the front. Why is that? All my lace systems came with the front LOADED with hair and the top and rear much much less on the density.
03-13-2013, 04:29 AM,
PS.....long as I got hair on top ...I AINT WEARING NO HAT !!!!!