Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaving Head for New Larger Base Piece Advice Needed
03-10-2013, 11:58 AM,
Shaving Head for New Larger Base Piece Advice Needed
I've been wearing a topper since 2009 and over the years, my growing hair in the back has continued to thin. So much so that I ordered two new pieces with larger bases to cover the thinning spot. I know this should be a simple thing to do, but I am nervous about accidentally shaving off too much hair in the back to fit my new pieces. Any tips, advice from those who have gone to larger bases and how you were able to shave the growing hair, but not too much?

Thanks
John
03-10-2013, 09:16 PM,
RE: Shaving Head for New Larger Base Piece Advice Needed
Place your new template on your head,hold it down with a couple of pieces of tape.
Dampen your hair and dust liberally with talcum powder.carefully remove the templates and the area not covered in talcum powder is the area you need to shave!
03-11-2013, 01:10 AM,
LTB,

Genius idea with the talc powder. Thanks!

John
03-11-2013, 03:42 AM,
Glad to help!
I actually had a similar situation to yourself a few years ago and racked my brains until I came up with this solution.
Works great and I know of a couple of guys who I passed this tip on to used it with great results when getting the shaved area perfect for their skin systems to fit exactly.
03-11-2013, 03:56 AM,
LTB I remember this idea from ages ago! So it was you who came up with that stroke of genius! I used it myself and it really is useful. Thanks.
03-11-2013, 12:46 PM,
One thing though, I don't have the template to use. I didn't do a new template when I ordered the new extended base. I just asked that the back be increased by 1/2" to cover the thinning area. So, my challenge will be in getting the new unit's hair pinned up in the back so that it doesn't extend down onto my natural growing hair. I am thinking of using "bobby pins" to keep the hair of the unit off of the natural growing hair so the talcum powder trick will work. Do you have any other suggestions?

John
03-12-2013, 05:37 AM,
Make a template how you normally would. Mark the sides front etc but do not cut out.
Place template inside out on a mannequin head and then carefully place and secure the inside out system on top. You should now be able to carefully mark the remaining area on the template. Remove, cut to size, turn it the right way and job done!
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM,
LTB,

I am actually thinking I should be able to 'pin the hair up' in the back so that the hair from the unit will be out of the way and I will be able to use the talcum powder and get the effect you have described. If I am not able to pin the hair out of the way, I'll try what you have suggested.

Thanks again!