Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone try this for ORWG cleanup?
03-06-2013, 04:59 AM,
Anyone try this for ORWG cleanup?
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accesso...31314_0_0_

I was going to give it a shot after Hairenough was talking about Autoglym. This is cheaper and can be found locally. I'm just afraid it will eat through my unit or something.
03-06-2013, 06:11 AM,
RE: Anyone try this for ORWG cleanup?
It's worth trying. It's probably a lot like the Autoglym. Looks like it might be easier to use because it has a sprayer so you'd use less of it since you can spray it onto the base instead of having to pour it into a dish and soak it. I might give this a try. It's always best to have a spare piece of your chosen base material to test it with as some products might damage or stain the base. Googone is also very good.
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM,
personaly i rekon orwg is pretty easy to remove,

having seid that i wear up to 3 weeks, with minor front side hairline touch ups touch ups.

adhesive has changed composition to a slimey gooo,

i can virtually peel the system off, with some help from alcohol (Isopropyl)

then using alcohol and a fine toothed comb, spray my natural hair scalp, run the comb through my hair

then use stripps of selotape, i keep meaning to buy the wide roll to save applying multiple stripps,

scalps the easy part nothing to damadge that wont grow back if pulled a bitt hard.

hair system***************************************

spray with alcohol, use my finger nail to remove gather goo into a removable clump,

then finding the discreete peices of goo is the time taker,
the bitts on hair or edge of skin, lace ect,

if there is a tiny amount left on it will release when youve washed youre system and are combing gently through while drying.

selotapes a great tool

my routine
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM,
3 weeks hold with ORWG is pretty incredible!
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM,
I read the specs on this product and what concerns me is that it will leave a protective barrier, make sure it does not have any wax or glycerins in it because that will really cause problems with the new attachment. Google the product and read what the product says it will do. Just my thoughts
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM,
Yea but after cleaning with any product like the above you would need to wash a few times with Dawn dish soap anyway. That would take out any oil or wax from the previously used cleaner.
03-06-2013, 11:52 AM,
I've used it, ( of course) and its not as good as the Autoglym.
It didn't harm the unit, it just wasn't as effective.
But a spray is a good idea and so putting the Autoglym in a spray bottle could make it last longer.
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM,
Well, after using it to cleanup, I've had a considerable amount of shedding. Not sure if it's due to this product or not. I feel my system is a too dense anyway, so I'm not that worried about it at the moment.