Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lace repair
03-06-2013, 03:10 AM,
Lace repair
Hi,

I am wearing Toplace system since almost 1 year now and I am really very happy with it.

The only issue is the lifetime of the system, it's very difficult for me to wear it more than 2 months. After 2 months, almost all the hair at the rear have gone away and the tape is very noticeable.

I am very careful when i remove the hairpiece and use very little shampoo and no gel. I clean the hair with water about once or twice a weak. I use TDI pretty slick which gives very good results.

Am I missing something ?

Is their something to do to repair an hair system ?

Regards
03-06-2013, 11:56 AM,
RE: Lace repair
Have you tried using a satin pillowcase? If its only shedding in one place, it sounds friction related.
You can have areas reventilated with more hair but this can be as expensive as buying a whole new unit.
Trying the softer pillowcase sounds like your best option for now.
03-06-2013, 06:11 PM,
You can have a unit repaired, but the cost usually turns out to be almost as expensive as buying a whole new piece. Like Hersute says, it's usually just easier to buy a new one.

If you're having shedding issues in a particular area, sometimes it's because you scratch that area due to itching. I've noticed when I scratch any area of my lace, those areas always shed faster. Try not to scratch, and sleeping on a satin pillowcase really does help to keep the sides and back from shedding so much too.
03-07-2013, 12:34 AM,
Thank you for your answers. Indeed, I am sleeping on the side where the hair go away : I posted a picture of the hairpiece after 2 months.

I generally do not shampoo the piece much (once a month...) which may damage the lace too.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-07-2013, 03:58 AM,
It's not the lace that's being damaged, it's the hairs and knots.
I think the shampooing is irrelevant in this case.
I'm pretty positive it's rubbing on your pillow or maybe even a hat if you wear one?

Also, do you use glue or tape?
There was a small survey done and it seemed that wearers that did a complete bond all over, attaching with glue, experienced less shedding/hair loss than those you only attached at the perimeter.
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM,
dude, that's pretty bad. You are either scratching that area, or pulling that thing off without a glue release agent, or the knots are not tied very good in that area.

I got a batch of about 5-6 hairpieces from BA about 3 years ago that shed horribly. I mean, they lasted about one month, if I was very lucky. Now, I get about 2 months out of my pieces. The current one I have is all swiss like always and at a little over a month the hair starts degrading. I wish I could keep the hair looking and feeling like new, but I haven't found that to be possible.

People that can make them last 6 months.. I envy them b/c I don't see how that is possible.
03-08-2013, 05:02 AM,
i've experienced this too. it's probably because of the friction when lying on your back sleeping. however i also ordered a little less density in that exact area, to make it appear a little more natural (which i now realized was a mistake haha). i will try to counteract this shedding by ordering my next system with a somewhat higher density in that very spot.

but i've been wearing for more than a year now and i'm still on my second system, i'm sure you can get alot more out of yours
03-10-2013, 09:32 PM,
Hi again all,

Thank you for your answers, that really helps.

I do not wear a hat. I use tape all along the perimeter and classic lace release (I might be a little to fast to remove it but everywhere else on the perimeter the hair is still OK). I lose a few hair each time that I change the tape. I asked for more density at rear already. I am using lace release.

I will try to use satin pillow as suggested or/and to sleep with a protection (which one would you suggest ?)

Folliman : From the answers that I got on this forum and others, we are doing something wrong. In your case, you do not lose hait on the perimeter but the aspect is bad : you should try to use pretty slick regularly on wet hair.
03-12-2013, 08:57 AM,
You may also want to apply a knot sealer in that area to strengthen the hairs and make them less prone to shed.
03-16-2013, 11:22 AM,
Can you guys not simply sew a little piece of an older piece in using invisible thread?

So far I haven't ordered from Toplace, though I know its a great company, usually get over a year out of a piece, but its the older monofilament type 3/4 wig.

The places that you brush the most I find are the places that will shed hair first, such as the front and crown in my case.

Taking it off at night as well is a great help, I use tape and a few clips and I get a good nights sleep without the wig pulling to one side on pillow etc. Used to have it bonded on many many years ago, but would never go back to that again.

Keep your older pieces and when your new piece is thinning just cut a little patch of the older piece where the hair is running in same direction as the hair is missing on new piece, do a few experiments with differerent size of patches and you will soon get the hang of sewing it on to the top of piece with invisible thread. NO need to cut anything out of new piece where hair is missing just sew the patch in with the thread, if you have done a good enough job and have right size of patch and hair running in right direction no one will ever notice it and you will save in long run.

To be honest I think its ridiculous that any piece should have to be replaced just after a few mths.

hope you get it sorted.

Smile