Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody decide to shave their head after wearing awhile? I am thinking about it!
03-05-2013, 04:08 PM,
Anybody decide to shave their head after wearing awhile? I am thinking about it!
I've been wearing since I've been about 20. Age 30 now.

What do you all think?

Anybody shave their head after wearing awhile?
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM,
RE: Anybody decide to shave their head after wearing awhile? I am thinking about it!
Between buying from salons and buying from the Internet I shaved my head for over a year.
I did get used to the shaved head but much prefer hair tbh!
03-06-2013, 02:48 AM,
RE: Anybody decide to shave their head after wearing awhile? I am thinking about it!
I replied to this on the other forum.
03-06-2013, 04:06 AM,
Maybe you just need to take a break from wearing. If you feel like shaving, I say shave it. Hair or no hair. It's all subjective and what you are comfortable with.

I could never shave mine because my head looks fine with hair but without would like like Brain's from Pinky and the Brain. Smile

If you can get away with it, go for it.
03-06-2013, 05:43 AM,
I've been wearing since I was 24 I am 42 now. Being married, kids getting older, good career, etc... I am pretty comfy with my life...it certainly would be nice to give up wearing. A certain amount of hassle and occasional stress would NOT be missed.

Its hard to let go though...any way I look at it, I'd rather have hair than not and if I did give it up I'd be clean shaven as I cannot possibly rock the hair fringe look and feel like I do now. Perhaps that's not a good way to look at things, but its the truth. All or nothing.

At some point, I suppose I will have to admit that a cure is not going to happen in my useful lifetime (but damn, wouldn't that be great). I truly cannot see sticking this thing to my head for the rest of my life.

So, is there a "type" or shape of head that is better for the clean-shaven look? I see guys with various shapes and hair loss, and some seem like they'd look great with no hair, others not so much. I can't nail it down to what it is about the head shape that compliments the clean-shaven look.
03-06-2013, 06:49 AM,
i remember my hairdresser saying nearly 3 years ago they can solve hair loss now

its the side effects of treatements that are untested unknown ongoing testing.
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM,
Just remember, when you take off your hairpiece, you've got hair on the sides and usually glue or tape goo on the top of your head. So its not a true judge of how you'd look bald.

I removed the piece, let my scalp breath and even out (trust me, the piece makes your skin bumpy from the way it is breathing), and then had it shaved bald.

I've had it a few hours now and I love it!!!
03-06-2013, 02:38 PM,
I think some just get tired of having to go through the daily routine and anxiety of wearing and decide to shave their heads. A few years ago I thought about shaving mine to escape all you have to go through to wear hair but I just wouldn't feel good about myself going around with a shaved head. Some guys especially African American guys look great with a shaved head not me.
03-06-2013, 07:48 PM,
Before I started wearing or had my transplants, I thought I should try the shaved head look.
Had I been auditioning for the role of Uncle Fester in the Munsters, I'd have been fine.
But for everyday life, I just don't have the right shape head or facial features to pull off that look.
03-06-2013, 09:58 PM,
if I looked halfway decent with a shaved head I probably wouldn't have started wearing.