Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time using tape - any advice?
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM,
First time using tape - any advice?
Its my first time using tape. I bought some blue liner tape from the local hair piece salon just to try it out.

Any advice on applying tape and removing it? How long should I leave it on before it becomes terrible to clean?

I applied it quite easily.

What other tapes do you recommend?
07-29-2009, 12:41 AM,
Re: First time using tape - any advice?
My experience i used supertape and it made my scalp itch. Though many people think its awesome.

I don't get any problem from Walker No shine and i easily get a weeks hold from it though i don't like wearing any longer than that because of hygiene.

I've read that blue liner is really strong but it breaks down like a glue and becomes difficult to clean off. Other tapes don't have this effect and actually become easier to clean off after a longer period of time.

From what everyone on the forum has said ST-30 is like the holy grail of all tapes so you may want to try that out. Though i havent used it yet infortunately but i can't wait to one day when mines run out.
07-29-2009, 01:45 AM,
Blue liner is a very strong tape, but it does breakdown and get gooey . For me, the most I can go with blue liner is about 4 days. After 4 days, the cleanup is a nightmare and can really put a strain on a SFS base. I have had much better success with ST-30 (the best) and Walker No Shine. Once ST30 is back in stock, try it out, it's great. In the meantime, I have been using Walker No Shine and it is a great tape as well. I can get 7-10 days of good hold with Walker no problem. I remove with 91% alcohol and then clean up my scalp with Pure. I then us a magazine slide to clean up the base. I use Base Bond in the front, so I'm not sure now you will like Walker for the front hairline. I seem to remember that you have a high densitiy, so it should not be a problem.
07-29-2009, 05:55 AM,
I been using tapes for a long time, You would think i would be an expert at it by now. But i always have trouble attaching the front of my unit with tape, when i place tape on the lace first. I always get ripples or something. Probably because i never use the alcohol slide lol. blue tape will get messy depending on ur body chemistry. For me, it is fine for 3-4 days, but i detach after that and clean my head anyway, so its fine for me. Blue tape is the strongest, and to me, it also has the best appearance at the front hairline. The reason why I believe so is because it is thinner than the other tapes, more like a glue. THe only problem with the blue for the front is the little shine it has, but the shine on that tape can easily be knocked down to nothing simply by either rubbing a tape backing on the tape, or using ur finger etc. Once the shine is knocked down it looks better than the other tapes.
07-31-2009, 03:04 PM,
I had a thread a couple of weeks ago entitled "calling all tapers to explain their routine"
you might look that one up

having been a gluer for years, I've recently tried a few tapes, and I find Walker No Shine
an exceptional tape. Not only is there not much shine, it will hold for days and days in
the hot sun, after sweaty workouts, showers, etc. I'm a convert to tape now, no glue
could do this.

- AG
08-01-2009, 06:10 AM,
I get the ripples too. One way I can use tape in the front without getting them, is put the tape on ur scalp first, instead of on the lace.