Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars mirror
03-01-2013, 02:06 AM,
Cars mirror
My front lace "sfs" is invisible in all lighting conditions and angles as im using carefull glue attatchemnet in the front except when in the car's mirror view i can see the lace! No matther how good the attatchement is still cant get it invisible in that mirror view..i mean is this happening to you guys or is it just me ?
And do people see that lace like in the car's mirror view?
03-01-2013, 02:34 AM,
RE: Cars mirror
i have the same problem sometimes when i look at myself in the mirror anywhere next to a window with sun shining from the outside...
03-01-2013, 06:22 AM,
you see it because you know its there, no ones even thinking lace hairline
another part of wearing psychology.
03-01-2013, 06:33 AM,
why dont i see it in any other mirror except the car's mirror espicially in day time !
03-01-2013, 08:01 AM,
I have seen it too. Remember that when in a car you're in an unusual lighting condition where natural light is shinging in from only the sides, front and back, not from above unless you are in a convertible or have a big sunroof). I recommend a little smear of hair gel on the front lace to fill in the holes a bit.
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM,
Gel in the hairline with the glue ?! I didnt get it ?!
03-02-2013, 04:45 AM,
Once the unit is attached and the glue is fully set, apply a little blob of hair styling gel and smear it over the front edge of the lace. This fills in the holes in the lace and reduces its visibility.
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM,
I notice when I look at my front lace from the sides really up close under a 60 watt bulb , I can easily see the swiss lace. Even from the front. So, the only way to completely hide lace is to cut the lace down all the way to the hair. But, I hate doing that b/c it creates a new host of problems. So, I would just suggest cutting down the front lace to a bare minimum of 1/16".
03-07-2013, 10:07 PM,
Folliman has made me re think what I've been reading on this thread.
When you all say you can clearly see the lace, are you talking about the excess lace before the hairline starts or the lace between the hairs?

I cut my front lace right back to where the hairs start and with a couple of wisps of hair casually brought forward, I've never been able to see the lace in the sort of conditions you are all describing.
03-08-2013, 03:38 PM,
I'm no expert on this but here's my take. Car mirrors are different that any other mirrors. They're two mirrors in one. You flip it to the night position and the reflections of car lights behind you are greatly dimmed. So there's something about the glass or the mirror backing or something in a car mirror that is responsible for this effect. Maybe that characteristic has something to do with you seeing your lace in the car mirror but nowhere else.
Regards,
John